My take on the Dice Tower

I’ve gone through a few different iterations of dice towers, including trying out a few posted here in the forums, but eventually decided to come up with something different. My son goes back and forth at being a Star Wars fan (Percy Jackson is his latest obsession), and since I’ve been trying to spend more time with him playing games, I came up with this model.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is with medium Proofgrade Draftboard, and Red opaque acrylic.

I’ll probably play around with this some more and come up with different designs, but I definitely need to make the tray shorter, so that it ends up being the same height as the tower when closed.

40 Likes

i do like that acrylic inset. especially in the finger joints.

5 Likes

Me too! Very unusual treatment! :grinning:

2 Likes

The first one that I made was just a box made of Draftboard, with the Rebel logo engraved on it. I made a mistake on measurements, so it didn’t go together correctly, but even looking at it, it seemed kind of flat.

I looked through Dice Tower pictures online and found a few with inset designs that I thought looked cool, so I decided to try it out.

1 Like

Very cool technique, and a classy tower!

2 Likes

Very nice! My children range from a teenager to a taxpayer :slight_smile: I’ve only had my Glowforge a couple of weeks but my adult son has requested a dice tower for playing Magic (which of course, I’ve never played), so I have been following these threads closely. Hopefully, in a few more weeks I’ll be ready to tackle one for him.

3 Likes

Oooooh…you definitely want to surprise him with one of these:

2 Likes

I have it bookmarked! I have many, many things bookmarked LOL but that is one I plan on coming back to sooner versus later.

I think I have read every post on this forum and facebook 2 or 3 times in the last few months, including going back and reading as much as possible. Can’t tell you how much I appreciate the wealth of knowledge shared.

4 Likes

Very cool design. Love the Rebel logo on the front.

3 Likes

Nice acrylic touch

2 Likes

You will never regret the time you spend, you will grow to regret you didn’t spend more.
Cat’s in the cradle you know?
Really nice design on that! I may have to emulate it. :grimacing:

3 Likes

That would be perfect for Imperial Assault.

1 Like

That was the game that I was originally designing it for.

2 Likes

Woohoo! Our group is mid-campaign at the moment, with the Rebels carving massive swathes of destruction through the Imperial ranks. It’s a fun game, but we’re hoping to use it as a gateway drug for D&D. :smiley:

2 Likes