Mystery Build, 6/15/22*

I’ve had this design stuck in the back of my mind for about a year now and finally made myself draw and cut it.

Here it is, all ready for use. Any guesses as to what it is?

I’ll reveal the answer tomorrow… :wink:

*or 15/6/22 for non-US readers. :innocent:

17 Likes

Sword holder

7 Likes

That was my first thought then I thought a Newton’s Cradle of sorts but it’s not symmetrical, so I’m back to sword holder.

3 Likes

It’s a device to hold the [extended for display] keel of a model ship.

6 Likes

Looks like a Katana stand to me.

3 Likes

Great guesses (and what I figured would be the #1 guess), but not a sword/katana stand). :wink:

1 Like

I retired from the US Army in 1996. It took over 20 years to stop writing the date as D-M-Y. In 2016 I got a job that required I write the date M-D-Y; that was a tough transition.

4 Likes

I spent the final decade of my career working a research project that used YYYY-MM-DD. Great for sorting by date, but not intuitive.

4 Likes

To me as well!!

1 Like

I’m going with - Tiny Canoe!

30 Likes

world’s thinnest taco holder

8 Likes

Acrylic picture frame holder? I can imagine two pieces of acrylic with a photo sandwiched between

6 Likes

color me intrigued…

5 Likes

Holding something upright that would not be upright otherwise. ship hull, display sign, nameplate, etc. Not enough information to go much further.

2 Likes

Mounted fish display for a new fishing enthusiast.

5 Likes

And the answer is…

Sheath / holder for a pizza guillotine I received as a gift in 2020. Best pizza cutter I’ve ever had, but truly awkward to store safely. Very sharp edge and the T-grip at the distal end prevents it from laying flat. Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not sell any kind of sheath or protector.

My original idea was to ‘forge a hanger to wall-mount it hanging from the T and sheathe the blade to protect it & my family. :wink:

Once I got the sheath done, I realized my go-to notched semi-oval stands would be perfect to set it on a shelf or counter.

Great guesses, friends!!!. As posted above, katana stand was the expected reply.

@kanati’s guess was pretty close in that it was the only food- or kitchen-related guess.

@rbtdanforth’s functional analysis was spot-on.

We’ll done everyone! Hope the answer wasn’t too annoying or disappointing.

22 Likes

The answer is not disappointing at all! I think you came up with an ingenious design. It just needs something like “pizza sword” (cause guillotine doesn’t sound as nice!) on the side, with little pizzas being cut!! :pizza: :pizza:

7 Likes

ROTFL! Here’s a screengrab from The UI…

…great minds…

8 Likes

That is one thoughtfully designed pizza cutter (and now the holder too)

3 Likes

Sounds like an opportunity :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
The real estate on the sides suggests a blank canvas for embellishments, perhaps the company logo…

3 Likes