Name Puzzle For My Grandson

IMG_2825
IMG_2826

1/4" Baltic birch ply on a 1/4" chalkboard MDF backer, finished with acrylic paints and spray lacquer.

52 Likes

The colors are beautiful!

2 Likes

These are fun, I’ve done several and my daughter likes long names so she can’t get them from other sources!

3 Likes

I was going to paint the background too, but it looked so good natural that I just left it alone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed!

1 Like

Very fun. He’ll love it!

2 Likes

Looks professional! :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Very nice.

2 Likes

Perfect project for the little ones, and your colors are so bright and cheery!

2 Likes

Rainbow colors! Nicely done!

1 Like

Lovely! Do you remember the font you used?

1 Like

Not sure if it’s the same font she used, but I use Oduda (its very similar if not the same). It is free here: https://www.freefonts.io/oduda-rounded-font-free/
Scroll down to the purple download button.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it was Arial Rounded MT Bold. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh, that’s a good one too!

As always very well done.

1 Like

thank you <3 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

one more question. I’m sorry I’m such a nag. How did you round the corners? I can’t figure it out on AI.

update: I figured it out lol… the most simple things seem to be so hard sometimes.

1 Like

Hello,
This may sound like a couple of Noob questions, and it is because I am a total Noob as far as the painting and glueing portion of trying to create something like you have done here. You mention that you used acrylic paints for this Name Puzzle.

1.Would you be willing to share which brand you used?
2.Did you just glue the front to the back with plain wood glue?

Thank you again for showing this. My wife saw this and now I am scrambling to get 11 of them done before Xmas for all of my Kids Kids.

1 Like

I don’t know if @geek2nurse is available today…she might be driving to Texas. (Your timing is just bad, but she might see it tonight.)

I do know that wood glue and clamping works really well for sticking wood together. CA glue (cyanoacrylate) also works and sets faster. (I prefer the bond with the wood glue, but I think I’m in the minority.)

She’ll need to let you know the brand of acrylics and spray lacquer.