Name Snowflakes

These were a lot of fun! I duplicated and rotated my granddaughter’s name to make a 6-pointed design, and then replicated it in a bunch of fonts. I had a whole workspace full of them, but only printed these three. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Instead of trying to make the parts all join so they could be successfully cut, I just engraved them on clear acrylic and cut them out. I love how they look!

45 Likes

They’re so pretty!!

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s gonna trigger the next trend! Nameflakes! :smile:
(Also we had some Wordflakes a couple weeks ago that I saw somewhere here…also extremely cool!)

10 Likes

Need to make sure they are all unique. :smiley:

4 Likes

Yeah, @Linefeed posted some.

I also re-purposed the idea and played with it, including wiping paint into the engrave to make it stand out better.
I think it is cool that they are all unique, but my local critic thinks they are too busy.

If set up right, you can change the name in about 20 minutes of playing with it.
Nice ornament for specific people on your gift list.

5 Likes

The f-flakes have been all over the Facebook groups for a few weeks. It’s always funny to me what happens here that the folks on the FB groups never pick up on, and then how stuff is everywhere there, but not here at all.

I like the name flakes best. It’s personalized without being in-your-face about it, and gives everyone something unique,

11 Likes

Oh, I really must give this a try. They all look great, and yet each one is different.

4 Likes

Absolutely love these.

Will have to make for our two grandchildren.

7 Likes

Totally forgot about those! I’m getting like my grandpa…he’d repeat something someone had just said 5 minutes before as though it was a brand new, original thought. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Like on Gilligan’s Island!

1 Like

How do you make these?

Type a name, make a copy and flip it, then rotate the two of them 6 times. Adjust spacing as desired to make it look good. :slight_smile:

In pictures:

13 Likes

That was so easy! Thank you, I really appreciate the help! :blush:

1 Like

what program did you use. TY :slight_smile:

Affinity Designer

OK Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you use Illustrator, here is a good tutorial for the name snowflakes. You would just use the same principles using names instead of an object:

http://vectorvice.com/Blog/2015/02/duplicating-a-shape-around-a-circle-in-adobe-illustrator-tutorial/

5 Likes

Spectacular!

1 Like

You know, I needed that visual!

1 Like

Thank you, but I can’t seem to open this link.