Snowflake Name Ornaments

I’d seen these cut from brass a few years ago, but figured I’d see how they work on the Glowforge. Since the acrylic is transparent, both sides are the readable… I think I’ll be making more of these before the holidays are over.

32 Likes

Those are so cute! Love it!!

2 Likes

Nice work! The acrylic catches the tree lights well. :sunglasses:
I have done small ones with a hole in the middle to insert a light in and get some edge-lit action going…

5 Likes

You’re inspiring me to make these, so cute!

2 Likes

That is so nice; I wish I could think up stuff like this. That’s why I hangout here, y’all are wonderfully creative. And you share.

4 Likes

Lovely!

1 Like

Oh, the giftees will love those!

1 Like

Very pretty.

1 Like

These are really cute. I’ve been looking everywhere, without luck, to find out how to make these nameflakes. Can someone please share a link to a tutorial?

1 Like

I don’t have a tutorial, but it’s pretty easy:

1 - Create a name in a font you like.
2 - Copy, then paste.
3 - Flip Horizontal, then move it to align it to the other one. Now you should have two names that look like a reflection.
4 - Select both.
5 - Copy, then paste.
6 - Flip Vertical, then move them to align it opposite the other ones. Now you should have four names that look like reflections on two different planes.
7 - Select all four.
8 - Copy, then paste.
9 - Rotate those 60 degrees, then move them to align them opposite the other ones.
10 - Paste again.
11 - Rotate those MINUS 60 degrees, then move them to align them opposite the other ones.

Poof. Name flake.

(If you have trouble with the alignment, you can type a comma, then 4 or 5 spaces BEFORE the name, then use the tip of the comma as a reference point to help align the different name sets.)

If you need more help, @geek2nurse just created a different tutorial with examples at Name Snowflakes

6 Likes

That was so easy! Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

How do i make cutlines to transfer to the GF from AI.