Nametags - for murder mystery (or anywhere you need a nametag)

I made these tags to help with the murder mystery party I hosted recently. However they also would work for anything you want name tags for, I made them out of 1/16th acylic, painted the red sections with spray paint and then used a sharpie to fill in the black text. They turned out looking pretty nice and were not a huge amount of work.

https://nightofmystery.com/product/totally-rad-80s-prom-gone-bad/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrJOMBhCZARIsAGEd4VFgs2JIKnCpKAmDM-peElNKNy1iwsQAa6sBKvtSb_ev8GD-5BClFeEaAjbBEALw_wcB

80s rad - name tags 2
80s rad - name tags

I added a back piece I used as cardboard to put onto the back of the tag as well, this was mostly to hide when I messed up one side of the nametag and still wanted to use the same piece of acrylic :slight_smile:

Thanks!
David.

20 Likes

These are fun. Thank you.

2 Likes

Was the acrylic cast or extruded? I ask because “plain” sharpies are alcohol inks, and sometimes alcohols can cause major cracking in acrylics, possibly moreso in extruded. I’m trying to keep track of who’s using what to try to get a sense of whether extruded be cast makes a difference.

3 Likes

Those look awesome. Thanks for the share!!

1 Like

These are great! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

My acrylic was off cuts from tap plastic :). So not entirely sure which type of acrylic it is.

1 Like

If it had paper masking on it, it’s cast - if plastic, then extruded

(I LOVE the TAP cast off shelf!)

1 Like