Nashville Map

So cool - this turned out great!

1 Like

That’s a fun city.

4 Likes

It was in the late 80s and the early 90s. :wink: :wink:

1 Like

All of us Tennessee folks need to have a glowforge day and get together!!! I surely have the perfect spot to do so!!!

2 Likes

I am in Knoxville. The YouTube Glowforge guy “Troy the Maker” is in Nashville.

2 Likes

WHHHAAATTTTT??? Are you serious!!! Lol! I want to contact him!!! Thats so cool!!I

I am serious! I really want to put something together. But I am not sure if anyone would actually be game to something like that! I am not sure what we would do exactly. Besides coffee, mingle, get acquainted, GF talk, maybe teach each other some things that could help each other . Do a project or something. I just think it would be cool! I have the perfect spot. I have an office inside of my hubby’s warehouse and also a corner of the actual warehouse. In my office is my glowforge and the computer to it, with all kinds of supplies and tools, a Circuit machine and a Brother Scan N Cut, and all the supplies for those things. And in the warehouse I have A Shapeoko XXL and the iMac for it, band saw, miter saw, jigsaw, Router and table, and I am working on getting a table saw and hopefully the new Xcarve CNC. The one that is 4’X4’ and a make shift paint booth. Plenty of room to do something cool like that! I have been wanting to ever since there was talk about having a Glowforge Family Convention that got my hopes up! I think that would be sooooo cool!! But apparently it was not an actual plan! I was bummed when I found that out!

I guess I would really have to just find out if anyone would want to do something like that.

2 Likes

I am serious!

I really want to put something together. But I am not sure if anyone would actually be up to doing something like that! I am not sure what we would do exactly. Besides coffee, mingle, get acquainted, GF talk, maybe teach each other some things that could help each other . Do a project or something. I just think it would be cool! I have the perfect spot. I have an office inside of my hubby’s warehouse and also a corner of the actual warehouse. In my office is my glowforge and the computer for it, with all kinds of supplies and tools, a Circuit machine and a Brother Scan N Cut, and all the supplies for those things. And in the warehouse I have A Shapeoko XXL and the iMac for it, band saw, miter saw, jigsaw, Router and table, and I am working on getting a table saw and hopefully the new Xcarve CNC. The one that is 4’X4’ and a make shift paint booth.

I have Plenty of room to do something cool like that! I have been wanting to ever since there was a discussion about there being a Glowforge Family Convention. Which got my hopes up! But apparently it was not an actual plan! It was just a discussion created and people were saying it would be cool and commenting all the possibilities that could be planned, as well as how it could possibly happen. As far as funding, location, number of people, etc. I was bummed when I found out that the idea drowned!

I guess I would really have to just find out if anyone would want to do something like that. And find out exactly how many people there are in Tennessee. First before anything else. And then who would be up to it.

I want to!!!

Ok, now I am rambling.

3 Likes

If you can figure out a medically safe gathering strategy, I might even fly in from WA to attend. Probably not bring the GF, but I would take lots of notes and bring show-and-tell items.

3 Likes

A few months back I was watching one of Troy’s videos and he made something with Nashville in it. I messaged him on YT and asked if he lived in Nashville. He said “Yes!” I told him I lived in Knoxville and he needed to come to dinner one evening, He said “Yes!” Now this was before Covid.

The folks here in Knoxville revolted a couple months ago and decided to start living their lives again. Well it is Football Time In Tennessee. UT is not hosting any tailgate parties but everyone else is.

I think a get together would be incredible. Wow, your place would be perfect.

Private Message me and we will exchange phone numbers.

2 Likes

I hope all this craziness just comes to an end soon. But, definitely I want to to put something together! That would be awesome!

1 Like