Nativity Scene from Catalog

I have a morning caregiver who is catholic and very excited about Christmas. I surprised her with this nativity scene from the Glowforge catalog. She had no idea it was for her, as I had her help me peel tape off the pieces and we assembled it together while listening to her favorite Mexican music from Joan Sebastian. She also made me authentic chorizo Mexican tacos with homemade spicy salsa while I peeled masking tape. She was super excited when I told her that it was for her, and she would take the nativity set to the church to get it blessed by the priest. I am not religious at all, but this is a great example of how the Glowforge can make things that will bring joy and happiness to others.

I scaled the model up to fit 1/4" plywood, but the original catalog design was meant for 1/8" plywood. I rarely print from the catalog, but this was a no brainer. Ivan Bilous has great designs, and a ton in the :glowforge: catalog.

49 Likes

you are killing me. awesome nativity scene and Chorizo tacos? Sheesh!

so jealous.

16 Likes

That really is a beautiful piece. I understand the feeling of joy when you surprise someone with something like that. I am in independent living and have weekly housekeeping. One day when Catalina arrived to clean, I handed her some of the colored paper flowers that I’d been making with the Aura. She was so sweet and appreciative…she had tears in her eyes.

18 Likes

I made two of those Nativity scenes. One I colored all the pieces and the other left plain. I love them both.

10 Likes

That turned out really nice. I’m sure she was touched.

7 Likes

Really thoughtful gift!!! It turned out beautiful.

6 Likes

That is a wonderful story. I love how this brings everyone together.

8 Likes

Wow! Really nice!!

7 Likes

The stories are always half of the project. Or more.

12 Likes

This is a recurring theme with the :glowforge:, I have discovered that when we make something for others, we end up gifted with a joyous bonding experience, a new ability, and the satisfaction of having learned to do something new.

6 Likes