Necklace Hanger for Mother's Day

I whipped up a last minute Mother’s Day gift for Mom. She has trouble undoing chain clasps so she keeps her pendants on separate 20" chains that she can put over her head. They take up a lot of dresser space so I made this to hang them from.

I made it from 1/8" Baltic birch, Proofgrade veneer, and 3/16" wooden dowels. I wanted to paint it in cool colors like turquoise and pink, but that wouldn’t really fit in her bedroom. I do plan to bling up the dowel ends with some half pearls.

In case you’d like to make one of your own, I’m going to upload the files to the Free Laser Designs section.

Edit: Here’s the files: Necklace Hanger Design

Update:
I did bling it up, with some Venetian glass baubles which I attached with UV resin. Also, I forgot to show the backside with integrated keyhole hanger.

34 Likes

What a great idea!

4 Likes

Wow—-I really really really really LOVE THIS!!!

I have a vision and with your generous gift — I will make one this weekend!!

Thank you my sweet for the file!!

3 Likes

Great share and great project! That will make your mama proud for sure!

2 Likes

I really love this. Thank you for the free design!

4 Likes

She will love it! Great design and thanks for sharing it. : )

4 Likes

Brilliant idea to use separate 20" chains and what a wonderful way to store and display them. Thank you for sharing the file.

4 Likes

What a thoughtful, beautiful gift! I don’t have trouble with clasps, but still have all of my necklaces hanging up so that I can see them. I am using an old tie hanger, but I will make yours, which looks nicer and easier to get them off! (The tie hanger swivels and the necklaces hang more sideways.) Thank you so much for sharing your file. You’re awesome!

4 Likes

This is going to be so nice for her. You’re such a thoughtful daughter!

Thank you for sharing your file, it’s very kind of you.

4 Likes