Keep in mind that I’m still very much a newbie.
Also know that when we bought the Glowforge, my husband was a little afraid of the fumes. So, he made sure I had a carbon monoxide/other fumes alarm in my room and outside the door. (He’s kind of a freak.)
So, here I am. Wanting to help make Ear Savers but I didn’t have any acrylic. I read about .08 Optix (and the fumes) and I decided to give it a try from our local Lowes. (Cut beautifully at 170/Full).
I start cutting and the fumes were bad… but I opened the windows, turned on the fan, turned on my camera and stepped out of the room. Not long after the cutting started I heard this screeching alarm! I thought–OMG! Its the alarms my husband put in the rooms!
I ran into the room, pressed the button to pause cutting and ran out. The noise went on and on–and I was sure I had been exposed to toxic fumes! Just sure I ruined my Glowforge. I was devastated. So far I had survived COVID–but the fumes were going to get me, instead!
So, I fretted and went onto the porch to wait for the fumes to clear and the noise to stop. It didn’t.
Any idea where I’m going with this?
Then the Sherrif pulled into my driveway (I live in the country).
He had been dispatched because my alarm company called him when a window had been opened and I didn’t answer my phone (it was by the Glowforge).
Embarrassing–you bet–but I might get a referral out of it. He was impressed! Ha!
Have a great night.
PS. You think that’s bad, you should hear the story about how I flooded the house the day I got my first Cricut.