Need help on turning solid lines into dotted sewing lines in illustrator for cutting on Glowforge

Hello Makers,

I am trying to a make a bag pattern on Illustrator. I need to make sewing holes on the pattern. I figured out how to turn solid lines into dotted lines on illustrator. However, when I upload the file, Glowforge, turns the dotted lines back to solid lines. How do fix this? Please help (-:

Not AI, but same technique exists as in Inkscape:

3 Likes

I’m embarrassed to ask this, where do I find Inkscape?

1 Like

It’s a bit different in Illustrator, but not difficult. (And you’re better off sticking with one program.)

4 Likes

YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!! I used the , object, path, and outline stroke, and it WORKED!!! I have been on the chat line with illustrator for nearly 2 hours and he was still not able to help me. Next time, I will come directly to this community. I am a new owner. (-:

6 Likes

And if you would still like to use Illustrator, here’s how you do it:

1 Like

I see you already have your answer, but yes you’ll always want to use Outline Stroke when changing a line to a shape. That and Type>Create Outlines will be your best friends.

This community is the best resource for your problems!
Welcome home :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.