Need testers: TabGen (Fusion 360 Plug-in) improvements

I think I know what’s happening here. But, can you get a screenshot of your parameters from the Change Parameters dialog?

Yup…

Can you expand one of the ‘Finger Sketch’ and ‘Duplicate Pattern’ sets.

Do you think it’s because I Mirrored the panels before running the Tab Generator?

That may be making the problem a little more obvious, but I don’t think that’s the cause.

You’re entering direct values in the TabGen dialog that pops up, correct? You’re not referencing the user parameters that you created for th, h, d and w?

I probably need to create a help screen that will pop up with some instructions, depending on the options selected in the dialog.

Correct. Typing in the numbers directly into the Tab Generator.
(I did reference the parameters with the first version though, and it worked just fine.)

I need to write up better instructions that will explain this scenario. It essentially boils down to the fact that TabGen can’t automatically know which parameters are related to each other, and sometimes requires you to manually make that association.

2 Likes

You know, the more I think about it - I should probably create the tabs on one panel and then Mirror the tabbed panel instead of going around and generating tabs on the mirrored panels individually. If I shift a panel out of place, the Tab Generator wouldn’t necessarily be able to locate it later, and nothing would happen there.

Let me play with it a little more tomorrow…I’m trying to create a honing block tonight for edgers. (I love this machine, I get to do so many fun new things every day.) :smile:

Well…no, that didn’t help. Changing the creation order now results in wonky behavior for both parameter increases and decreases. (WTH…It was worth a shot.) :disappointed_relieved:

Boom Shakalacka Boom.

Muppets are always a win.

6 Likes

This is what I thought of:

8 Likes

Bill Murray, also an always win.

4 Likes

Of course I had to watch the whole thing :slight_smile:

:heart: John Candy. RIP

1 Like

Using v0.55 alpha: Works on my Mac, but I get this error on my PC:

I’ll take a look at it tomorrow. Thanks for the report.

Might it be due to my material being thinner than the default value? I measure my medium acrylic and it’s always shy of .125" (2.95 mm or .115", typically); I use the measured value in my models, not the nominal value.

It shouldn’t be. I, unfortunately, have had some work issues come up and haven’t had a chance to look at this yet. I’ll have to look at it when I get home on Friday.

@sdvdl, this took me longer to get to than I expected, but I’ve released v0.56-alpha that should fix the problem you were experiencing. It seems that the problem is caused by the circular cuts that I saw in your screenshot. Let me know if this works for you.

And, thanks again for the report.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.