Need to hire someone to build my urn

This may sound morbid… but the very first project I’m doing when I get my GF is to build my own urn using bamboo sheets.

I need to hire someone who can help me build the 3d model and provide me the cut file.

Any takers?

4 Likes

Why not do it yourself? This is not going to be your first need for a model. If you want assistance with one of the CAD packages I know, I am happy to assist.
If you want to hire me to do the CAD, that can be arranged also.

3 Likes

This is a great chance to learn fusion 360…

3 Likes

I am risking the appearance of disrespect, but I do think the sacred wine boxes demonstrate some design and technique that would apply to an urn.

7 Likes

I don’t know if the skills translate (certainly depends on what your intent for your urn is), but I’m happy to help if I can. My CAD experience is so far limited to Blender; I actually did the linked box directly in Illustrator, which is where my strongest skills are. I’ve worked in Blender a moderate amount to prepare files for 3d printing; less for laser cutting, as it has to go through a slicer like 123d make.

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response guys! I’m a newbie when it comes to this… I’m technical enough to make cut files, but when it comes to the actual design - considering structural integrity, etc, I have zero experience.

I have a general idea of what I want, translating it into an actual 3d or cut file is the challenge for me.

1 Like