Needed a name on my shop apron

I wanted a name plate on my shop apron that I wear for the CNC Milling machine (given splashing flood coolant and metal chips). So got some veg-tan leather:

Just a stuck it on with E6000, which adhered nicely to the oiled canvas. The colors match nicely…

29 Likes

I’d share the design, but it would be a bit creepy that you’d want a label with my name on it…

4 Likes

It looks like metal and is very cool. I’ve never had great luck with E6000, but I’ve seen more than a few folks mention using it for leather patches. If it’s sticking to oiled leather it’s clearly just me and my personal glue issues lol.

2 Likes

Came out professional looking.
I am wondering what it would have looked like just engraved onto the oiled canvas.

For the (required?) ‘off topic’, you could also have a shop vac with your name already on it (if you desired).
henry

7 Likes

I guess the next one I will have to machine out of 7075! then i can rivet it on.

2 Likes

Note I got the clear one since a smidge of it oozed out the sides.

1 Like

Should that even be a question really? Of course you should! :laughing:

1 Like

Be creepier if I decided to change my name to Henry so I could wear it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

What if we have shop aprons named “Henry?”

3 Likes

Wait… your aprons aren’t name Henry? :scream: What on earth do you call them?

4 Likes

Or make it out of wood and air nail it :rofl:

2 Likes

Ha… reminds me of the joke of the teacher with a chest cast walking in on an unruly class, and hammering a thumb-tack thru his tie with the blackboard eraser to stop it blowing around in the breeze. Class was no longer unruly…

3 Likes

Looks great in leather!

1 Like

That would have been awesome to see haha.