Never underestimate the power of the Forge

Someone from work wanted some SW coasters for his Girlfriend. I came up with these…

45 Likes

Nice! (Particularly like that last one!) :smile:

4 Likes

Well done.

Very nice job engraving. I did have a little trouble reading the "These aren’t the drinks your looking for.

Could use a little inter-letter spacing adjustment. I had to take a 2nd look. I thought it was “dinks” but I like the clever designs.

I did really enjoy teaching myself the jewelry trade, but the spectrum of materials available to this laser has been much more rewarding in a much shorter period of time.
Travertine and slate are my two favorite minerals to zap. Nice work there!

2 Likes

The engraving turned out great. Love me anything Star Wars, and these graphics are super cool.

I think those are great! I’ve been wanting to try slate in the GF, any suggestions on a supplier?

Based on my experience, if you are trying a new supplier, make a small order. Slate engraving quality can vary a lot. I have some that makes a beautiful sharp white mark, and some that is worthless.

2 Likes

Those slate coasters were from Michaels - 4pk less than $4… less than $3 with coupon !! If you have the 99cent only store near - they have some nice slate pieces for $1.99. May also find tile at Home Depot or Lowes…

1 Like