New addiction

Who knew that the GF was going to cause new addictions for me. I knew when I bought it that I would want to make some organizational items, including some simple game box inserts. Yesterday I decided I would try a more complex one, which required me to figure out a better workflow from Fusion 360 to the GF.

Of course, I have also started finding excuses to make custom acrylic tokens for games as well.

All of this is even funnier when you consider that I travel so much that I very rarely have time to play any board games.

50 Likes

Brilliant job of organization though! :grinning::+1:

4 Likes

Well, in all fairness, I didn’t design the insert. I adapted the design from a foam core one that I found online. But it does make it easy to setup. Maybe that will encourage me to play more.

4 Likes

You are truly one with the Force, and the Force is with you!!

1 Like

That is awesome! I just got Rebellion as a birthday present from a friend, and I think an insert is definitely required given the number of components in the game!

I am going to make some changes to the one I created to make it easier to assemble. I am happy to share the files if you would like.

1 Like

I have a lot of games that would use improved organizing trays. I need to start looking them up, or gasp figuring out how to design them myself.

1 Like

Nice! I have considered something like this for my games yet but haven’t gotten to it yet. What is your workflow from fusion 360 to GF? I have been using the shaper extension to generate svg files but it feels like there has to be a better way

That would be awesome! This is definitely something I want to get into for many of my games… but my plan was to start with the small games first and work my way up to the giant ones like Rebellion!

There are the giant ones, and then there are the Planet Killer ones

2 Likes

Even if you travel a lot, you’ll have brilliant games boxes to return to when you’re finally home :slight_smile: