New Addition to Growing Family

The m2 workshop added a new bundle of joy today that arrived this morning at a hefty, but healthy 42.8 pounds and 23". Delivery was smooth. The :glowforge: doesn’t know what to think of his new baby brother, but I’m sure they’ll be best of buddies before long.

This is my first 3D printer. No, I did not need a 3D printer, but Amazon makes it too easy to make spontaneous purchases. I plan on making a few items that use the Dremel and the Glowforge.

Recommended Reading: I do not need a 3D printer

21 Likes

Cool! I’ll be interested in your assessment after you use it for a while.

5 Likes

Oh, you’re going to love it. I have a 3D40 that’s been running flawlessly in my library for two years. Their online support is top notch…and I can only think of two times I needed them (both which were due to my mess-ups…not the printer’s fault. :grin: )

I’m really tempted to buy a 3D45 for my home shop! Looking forward to your reviews.

3 Likes

Wonderful. I note that I never added myself to the January '17 topic. I have two of them now. My digital literacy improved tremendously with these purchases, from the 3D design tools, to the electronics stuff, to the mechanical stuff. And I make lots of very practical things that just thrill me. Post your builds!

4 Likes

Congrats on the beautiful new baby! I’m convinced there is some chemical brain change that occurs after 2 am as that’s when I have no control over my Amazon purchases. We don’t have “drunk purchases” in my household, we have “3am purchases” lol.

3 Likes

those are probably very similar states…

2 Likes

This is now totally my excuse! So whenever I buy something like this and have it shipped to the house, I’m posting your study lol. (I already had the dog though :rofl: )

That looks like homebrew kettle . . . or you really like soup. You’re not making dog soup, right?

1 Like

Only if the five of them REALLYYYY misbehave :stuck_out_tongue: The rest of the time I use it for making batik.

1 Like