New Artwork - "The Storyteller"

I just finished my latest piece of art made with a GlowForge. It’s lacking a frame. But since I can’t go out right now to get materials, I won’t wait to get one to share this piece.

I titled it “The Storyteller”.

All the pieces are made of Baltic Birch, which were stained in different colors.

If you look on the side of the buildings, there are words engraved there.

The words all come from the text of “Arabian Nights”.

A big shout out to Arthur Meijer, who’s sculptures inspired many of the buildings in this piece. (https://www.arthurmeijer.nl/)

73 Likes

What are the dimensions on that?

2 Likes

About 29x48. It took 9 12x20 sheets to make all the tiles that were glued on to a bigger piece.

3 Likes

Beautiful! i love how your art always tells a story…this time literally. :grinning:

6 Likes

Fantastic!

4 Likes

Man, I wish I had a little bit of your brand of creativity. It’s awesome. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Your work is just fantastic! I not only love the pictures, but the medium/technique is really compelling in the way that you stain the pieces with just the right colors. Really nice - inspirational, too!

6 Likes

Wow.
Love it!

4 Likes

Not to mention determination. Large scale projects like that are hard for me to do just because there’s no getting around that it will take a minute to do it. I like projects that are done in a day, unfortunately.

4 Likes

Yeah, this one took a couple of weeks, working each evening.

3 Likes

Are the windows and edges of shapes all inlay pieces as well?

1 Like

As always…as usual…a really fine piece of well-crafted artwork. I can’t think of one thing that you’ve made that I don’t like. VERY nice, Ben!

4 Likes

This is so awesome! I love how you put the small text on the side of the buildings.

4 Likes

No, there are gaps between the pieces.

1 Like

Ah! Glued onto a black back board then. It looks great!

3 Likes

Sooo many ways to do stories :grin: Fantastic! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Out of the park

4 Likes

Another wonderful piece! My favorite pictures are of you holding a creation!!

4 Likes

Inspiring work with a really nice vibe. It reminds me of the illustrations in a childhood book that I read time and again.

4 Likes

I love all your cityscapes, but I think this one is my favorite!

3 Likes