New Candle Box

Walnut proofgrade. Sized to hold a small tea light.

Photo>sketch>Illustrator>SVG>Glowforge>Magic

46 Likes

Oh… and hi, @Rita !

1 Like

I really love the artwork. It reminds me of a scene from the first Lord of the Rings movie.

Is it your original work?

I love the play of light on the walls. :grinning:

Wonderful!

Yep. Original. Starting to mine all of my sketchbooks (that I almost threw away in a moment of “I’ll never use this stuff again”).

I am shifting gears from photography to drawing/creating physical stuff. Such a joy!

4 Likes

Glad you caught yourself, very nice.

1 Like

Very nice! What are you using for the light?

A cheap tea light candle.

Duh, I see that now in the description. It just looked like a lot of light. :open_mouth:

1 Like

solid gold. always keep the sketchbooks!

3 Likes

hi! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you kept the sketchbooks! Can’t wait to see what else you do with your sketches.

Are you able to share the template for the plain box without the design? I’ve been looking for something simple (to fit a tea light) to add a design to for a gift.

FYI, it’s against the rules to ask for files on this forum. If they want to share they’ll post it in the Free Laser Designs category

This is what I use to make the base box pattern.

4 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this, we are new to laser cutting and engraving and trying to learn how it all works. It is exciting, but apparently,We are violating the forum rules by asking questions.

I am sorry for my indiscretion, and will endeavor to ensure that it does not happen again.

we do not wish to get banned, so we will be looking elsewhere for learning about designing, and how things work.

I have found other forums that are a little more friendly toward people asking questions, and what not.

I hopefully did not offend you by my request.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

John and Adele

1 Like

He gave you the box generator he used, so if you wish to create a box of your own, all you have to do is follow that link. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regarding the rules here…There are a variety of reasons why someone may not want to share design files and, it can be uncomfortable for some new designers to have to say no publicly. We don’t want to keep people from showing their files, so in this community our standards are to not ask for files, but leave it up to the designer to offer.

And there is already a HUGE selection of freely shared files, in the Free Laser Designs section in the forum. Hundreds of great files in there for personal use.

If you haven’t checked it out yet, you’ll want to. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

No! This is the perfect place to learn techniques, just don’t ask for files and all is good.
The whole thing is we don’t want anyone put on the spot.

There has been a misunderstanding! This is absolutely the best place to ask and learn. This forum is nearly four years old and is full of extremely talented people that endeavor to help one another. We share projects, material sources and settings. We discuss what works and what doesn’t. We are not allowed to discuss settings for non Proofgrade materials except in the Beyond the Manual section, and we are not allowed to ask someone for their file. These are rules that we did not draft, but which we honor. Please continue to utilize this forum as it is a wealth of knowledge and experience. Use the search function and you will be richly rewarded.

2 Likes