New coffee table top

Janky, beat-up old coffee table now has new life thanks to the combined efforts of the whole fam. Wife on design, me on image vectoring and Glowforge laserings, and kids on stain selection and application (Stain color is much darker in person than iPhone captures). We put glass on top but have it off for this picture. Most panels are about 5" by 18" with the center square being 18"x18" so we used the pass through slot and a few tricks on our pro model. #whatmadethis

62 Likes

Stellar! Was thinking along the same lines for a coffee table that tasted good to the puppies. Also thought about window covers. Lovely design and great outcome.

3 Likes

Oh wow…that is really amazing! Talk about an upcycle! :smile:

2 Likes

Now that’ s an improvement! Beautiful job! :grinning:

2 Likes

Excellent! Love it

2 Likes

That’s impressive! great Job to the whole family!

2 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

That’s really pretty but are you going to put a glass top on it? That would be really hard to clean all the crumbs in the nooks and crannies LOL

3 Likes

Oh it’s beautiful! So cool to make it from separate pieces then puzzle-fit it together.

1 Like

Woah!! That is gorgeous. I keep trying for that look but always come up way short. However the opportunity to make them interlocking I would not have passed up. I have been working on ways to go beyond that 19 inch and you have blown past it in a great way!

1 Like

Inspirational… Bookmarked!

2 Likes

What a great idea!!! Beautiful work!

The original post mentions a glass top that was taken off for picture taking.

1 Like

That’s something to be REALLY proud of. You and your family will enjoy that table for years to come. :rofl:

1 Like

Beautiful family project.

That’s what I get for scanning the post and not reading it…lol

Oh, that’s gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

I have an old Ikea coffee table that I love for its functionality (lots of cubby storage for my craft supplies below) but the top is scuffed and janky. I was thinking of a top with various board games. That would be fun, but your design is far more attractive. Now I may have to reconsider my plan!

3 Likes

Really nice job. Interested in any tips for using the pass through on your project.

1 Like

I have all 4 end tables and counters in living room already covered in glass.

Almost afraid to show this to the wife. Will ponder it a few.

3 Likes

That’s awesome!. Are the pieces attached? (glued, etc ?). Otherwise I was thinking that the center square could be swapped out when needed with different boardgame boards you :glowforge:ed. Or replaced during holidays with a themed square panel !!

2 Likes