New craft room?! Yes. Glowforge Accents? YES

We released a new video on building out our new craft space. While its not a glowforge specific project we do have a section in there about using the laser to make desk inlay pieces. that starts at 7:56 if you want to see how we put the laser to work on the new desks!

25 Likes

Really enjoyed the video. Incredible room!!! The flooring looks magnificent. The Swiffer will be your best friend for cleaning the floor. Also get the 360 duster refills and you will be able to turn them around.

6 Likes

Good lookin out!!

1 Like

I have to ask this question because it makes me laugh.

Did either of you at any point in this process want to get divorced? Did you argue? Were there any disagreements?

In my 26 year old marriage, there were a few times while working on a project with my husband ——if we would’ve walked into Home Depot and they had “Get a quick divorce” kiosk ———I would’ve signed the papers.

6 Likes

Wallpapering together in a Chicago apartment with high ceilings and uneven floors was almost our undoing.

3 Likes

Great product on a big job. I know the trials of the flooring, I replaced carpeting with multi-colored slate tile. So you build two floors. I glued the underlayment before running in the two million screws. :pleading_face:
That massive table in the middle is a perfect choice! Now you have a room built to spec instead of adapting an area into what you want/need. Very nice addition to your new home, congratulations, and thanks for sharing the journey!

5 Likes

WAAAANT

Must move to a place where owning a place I can modify is a possibility first, but WAAAANT!

Congrats :smiley:

5 Likes

I think this could be a new business opportunity for Home Depot.

5 Likes

Hahahahahaha we have been together for about 11 years now. All of our adult lives. This is the second home we have owned together and the second home we are renovating together. I get frustrated because I don’t do well when he gets angry at what we are working in and he gets mad when I just want to wing it. So we are not perfect but we know how to work with each other and we can do that really well

6 Likes

Our last house was a 1940 home. Our studio had a floor that dropped 2 inches from one end of the room to the other…it was insane

3 Likes

Home Depot and Ikea I think

2 Likes

Enjoyed the creation of your new workspace!

2 Likes

Awesome! Love it! A dream craft room…

2 Likes

Amazing job. Especially love the color stains and the ES inlays. Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

I burst out laughing when I read your post!! Through the years I’ve heard from other couples about the challenges of putting wallpaper up. I do not think I have ever known a couple not to have an argument over wallpaper. Fortunately, we took it down.

It is almost guaranteed Eric and I will have a major fight over a home improvement project and putting a piece of furniture together. Luckily we have been married enough years we no longer have to put furniture together.

1 Like

My husband and I have been building a nice sized workshop/she shed/studio for 2 years. I started a massive-for-me custom workbench mid June. 25 drawers total. Top is double 2x6’s, epoxy resin, and I’m at coat 3/6 on polyurethane. So close! I plan to have my shop complete by the end of the month. I understand the amount of work of a project like this.

The planning and attention to detail is fantastic! I love that you weren’t afraid to add a combination of color. I love that you kept some natural wood grain on the countertops and used that to tie together the different color cabinets. Using a converted upper cabinet at the closet is genius! You’ve maximized usable/work space in a way that I would never have thought to do. The lights….wow with the lights! Just wow to everything.

You both work so very well together. Excellent team work. Congrats on completing such a long hard project and thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

Pictures please! I love work benches.

That is an awesome space.

Absolutely amazing! I’m jelly!

Wow!!! Fabulous!!