New Delay - It's the same feeling when HRC lost

Can 2016 get any worse?

4 Likes

*worse. :wink:

We understand your frustration. We are all feeling it today. We need to keep the long term in mind. I, for one, would rather have a unit that works and isn’t going to fail than one thats going to break down right away. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lol goodness, it certainly doesn’t rise to that level of grief for me.

8 Likes

I ran into a friend this morning on the street after dropping the kids off at school, and he made the mistake of asking how things were going (no, I didn’t even get to the GF). And he got this kinda look on his face and told me about an old friend of his whose house blew up the other day. (propane leak, no one killed or critically injured thank goodness)

Kinda puts things in perspective for me at least.

8 Likes

Thanks, Trump. (edit: It’s just a joke)

3 Likes

Perspective is so vital. I’ve had some very difficult things going on in my personal life right now that made me anxious for the Glowforge because I could use the distraction, but they also cause the delay to pale in comparison to the extent that I’m barely phased at all.

4 Likes

Maybe I have a different take on things. Yea, the election was something else, yep, another delay to finish the glowforge stinks, but I sit beside too many sick beds and watch too many families implode, and do too many funerals for those whose lives ended way to soon, and often for no reason at all to think another delay is more than anything but a mild annoyance (with, I might add, the promise of more than was originally expected once it does arrive – and no, I don’t want another conversation bout feature creep :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I hope things get better for you. They almost always do…eventually.

2 Likes

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I trust that they will and have to admit that I’ve been blessed to lead an overall sheltered life, so trying to view it as a chance for growth. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you’re facing challenges right now! I hope that whatever it is gets easier. Just wanted to clarify that I wasn’t actually liking that fact, so much as appreciating your perspective.

I’m really down about this announcement too, and I’m going to need a bit of time (and a lot of thought) to figure out what the next best step is for me. All the same, if this is my biggest woe right now, I’m doing okay. At the end of the day, no matter how frustrating it is, this delay is a first world problem.

3 Likes

I tend to assume the best intentions so I didn’t interpret it badly, but thanks for the clarification!

Hope your next best step becomes clear. I know the delay definitely puts a lot of people in a position to have to make a difficult decision. Hopefully you’re able to stick it out and enjoy the Glowforge with the rest of us who are sticking around, but if not I hope the decision you come to leads to awesome outcomes!

1 Like

I don’t talk politics, not only as a personal choice but also because I work for a few of my family owned businesses and deal with customers on and off site daily, but as a resident of West Virginia and working for 2 companies that have been regulated to death I think the end of 2016 has been freaking awesome and I can’t wait for the future.

3 Likes

Well said!!!

2 Likes

In 2017 we’ll be reminded that sometimes it’s better when promises made during a campaign (crowdfunding and otherwise) are not hastily fulfilled at any cost.

3 Likes

Yes, it is the same feeling but toned down quite a bit. I won’t terminate inner circle relationships over this.

2 Likes

I don’t wanna be one of those people and I know I responded earlier on the thread so I have no right to say anything but I would love if we could keep this forum politically free. It’s too divisive a subject to be discussed online.

4 Likes