New fun with canvas (and SpinArt)

I keep thinking “bird in flight” when I see this one. I don’t know why; after half a second I don’t see it anymore but I am left with the initial impression…

6 Likes

It’s a hummingbird from the flower’s point of view! :smiley:

4 Likes

I didn’t see it until you said Hummingbird. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I see the flower now too! Wow, that is really awesome.

1 Like

Yeah. Sticking the whole thing in a cardboard box is key. I may do something interesting with the paint buildup in the box down the road.

It makes me feel very child like.

6 Likes

One Word: Fordite :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How cool is that man? I think most of us lose the ability to experience pure joy like that as we age.
If you grow up all the way something has been lost.

4 Likes

Somehow, I found some of that. I think my midlife crisis took me too far back and ended up in my childhood. Maybe to my wive’s frustration and my six-year-old granddaughter’s delight. I’ve been doing all the stuff that I wanted to do in my nerdy childhood but couldn’t afford (because I was a kid with no job :slight_smile: ). The maker stuff is one. The laser being the coolest. But also finding bugs (and photographing them), raising caterpillars, buying a stereo microscope, and birding. Most recently, I got a rock saw and polisher for Christmas (see, my wife is also an enabler) so now I’m cutting and polishing every rock I can.

8 Likes

I threw a “come as your inner child” party once, and was surprised at the number of folks who couldn’t fathom it…it was an absolute blast for the rest of us. I made footie pajamas, and learned that you cannot really drink a mudslide milkshake through a nipple bottle, until it melts that is :stuck_out_tongue:

My inner child is pretty much a 14 year old boy, so we have lots of fun!

8 Likes

Cool hobby! I used to cut my own stones for jewelry, mostly opal and turquoise, and since then I’ll smooth and polish random pieces of petrified wood and agate, or any stone that strikes me - because I can!

My wet grinder :sunglasses:

I retain an inordinate degree of adolescence for a man of 67. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

No point in being an adult if you can’t act childish. :slight_smile: The toys are just way more expensive.

9 Likes

We can finally afford the ones we wanted then :smiley:

7 Likes

I know what that is! Do you know what Zenithite is? (better for faceting than cabs).

1 Like

My life turned around when I saw a plaque that said, “You are never too old for a happy childhood.”

I’m having a wonderful time!

9 Likes

I love that.

2 Likes

If you haven’t already a turntable and a good vinyl collection is quite a pleasure too…

3 Likes

Now that you mention it, I see it too