New Home Commemorative Christmas Ornament

My daughter sent me a photo of a simple little house-shaped ornament with the year on it, and a key hanging underneath, and asked me to make one like it for her Christmas tree, to commemorate the purchase of their new home this year.

I could have whipped one out in 5 minutes or so, but I have this innate compulsion to make everything 67 times harder than it needs to be, so I decided to make it look like their house, instead of just a generic house.

It took a while, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out! It’s made up of 4 layers of PG Maple plywood, and I have gained new respect for people who can just look at something and know what should go in which layer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Here’s the actual house:

94 Likes

Perfect. Nice seriously personalized gift! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

That’s outstanding! (Absolutely nailed it!)

11 Likes

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Going above and beyond is your signature. Now, what about an ornament for the house they had before this one?

8 Likes

Fortunately for me, this is their first. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

That looks awesome! All your stuff is amazing!

3 Likes

That is so awesome! You really matched it well. I am with you though, figuring out what goes in what layer is maddening.

5 Likes

That was a moral imperative TBH. You did great, what a wonderful keepsake :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is going to bring them 100x more joy than the ‘standard’ ornament. Nicely done!

7 Likes

Really nice

2 Likes

Outstanding ornament keepsake!

4 Likes

You certainly did that! Amazing attention to details. I was trying to remember that level of details of the painting my father did of our house in Hawaii that I stared at over 20 years (and the actual house) and I cannot do so.

4 Likes

You may have hit on a new markets with realtors.

5 Likes

Truth. But the results speak for themselves!

6 Likes

Yours looks great. The key with the ornament is a nice touch. :blush:

6 Likes

Wow! She’ll be so pleased with all the details!

4 Likes

If I charged by the hour none of them could afford it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I guess maybe with practice I could get faster at it.

8 Likes

Thanks, and happy birthday!

3 Likes

Wow, you did an amazing job! That looks really great and I am sure they are going to love it and cherish it!! (Not only because it looks like their house, but because it was lovingly crafted by you.)

5 Likes