New jewelry rack

This design has been through a BUNCH of iterations…I think I’m finally happy with it!

52 Likes

Nice - space enough for lots of earrings!

3 Likes

Very nice! And if the cats can reach it: cool cat toy!

4 Likes

They could, but this house is a cat-free zone due to frequent visits from relatives with severe cat allergies, so they’re living outdoors now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They ruin everything.

Upgrade to relative 2.0!

1 Like

Ground is too hard to dig…

1 Like

I love that you used hearts for the earring holes. Great finish!

1 Like

Do you sell the design??

I do. You can find it in my Etsy shop. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello! I’m curious, you use multiple woods in your earrings. how do you inlay them? is there something on the back?

I design them to be press-fit, so I don’t have to glue them. The inlaid pieces are cut face-down, to take advantage of the angled cut of the laser to get a nice tight fit. There’s nothing on the back – they look just as pretty from the back as from the front. :slight_smile:

For some really nice inlay work, take some time to read through @evansd2’s old posts. He gives a lot of good tips on taking your inlay work to the next level. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m guessing you need to adjust for kerf or something to get a truly tight fight? I’ve been backing with MDF haha. Lets see if I can make this better. Thanks for the reply.

Yep, sometimes it takes a lot of fiddling and testing to get it just right!

I’m going to pick your brain again :slight_smile: . What masking paper would you suggest? I got one but I think the tack was too low.

The adhesive is pressure-activated. I bet if you burnish it with a straight edge you’ll find it sticks just fine. :blush: