New material cut test method

This ^^^^ me too!

Excellent reference and testing method - thanks for sharing

1 Like

I know I’m late to this party but you’re right, this won’t work if you’ve created a new design and have yet to save it. You can only bookmark designs that are opened from the dash.

The url for a new design (pre-save) is:
https://app.glowforge.com/designs/new

The url for a saved design is something more like: https://app.glowforge.com/designs/7bg1AYAqG5pvjFtb6gWhkyuqnsdo8K/edit

Bookmarking the first url will simply take you to the new design page, and won’t be what you expect.

3 Likes

O-M-G Do we have a MASTER GENIUS tip award?! I’ve had a Glowforge since January 2018 and this is the B-E-S-T tip I have ever come across! To quote you:

I have struggled with this very thing. When they changed the interface and it was 3 different feeds across the desktop I was so disappointed…it takes FOREVER to put into folders (although it can be done; wish it moved them there permanently so you know it got copied to the folder)…I was just overwhelmed.

I am preparing to start my own business and the how do I keep my designs separate in the UI from all the others easily so I can find them …has just been solved! I now have a folder on my bookmarks bar where I will put all our designs in our company folder organized by type of item. I have always enjoyed your posts…but this…just this…made my month! Thousands of thanks!! :1st_place_medal:

5 Likes

I assume you are a premium member? If not, keeping your designs is a lot harder, because they auto-delete them after a month or so.

Right back at you, I’m glad the tip was handy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes I’m a premium member. :-). Good to know that just in case though.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

The folders are more like hashtags, so it shows in the folder but is still in the general. The upside is that something can be in several folders but cannot be subfolders. I can have a folder named coasters, but if I want square coasters separated from round coasters that will be two new folders not near the coaster folder.

2 Likes