NEW Plague Doctor's Mask

One thing I did notice on the DeiselPunkRO site was a notice that says: “the PDF files are intended for manual work and ARE NOT laser or machine compatible.”

Did you find any issues with the file and lasering?

1 Like

They are definitely not laser friendly. I did a workaround that was a pain in the butt to make it so I could laser it. If I make another one I’d probably just cut it out by hand.

Nice work! Wear that while shopping, and I guarantee people will keep a 6 foot distance. :smile:

1 Like

Could you share what the work around was? Or what makes it not laser friendly? Very Interested. Thanks!

For me, I mostly used the file as it was. Because I didn’t have the rivets, I removed those from the pattern and replaced them with holes for stitching. That was the only thing I changed. If I did another one (with rivets the next time), I would make the holes larger to make it easier to sew.

I just finished one of his patterns; did all my cutting on the laser. I did have to open it in my design program and connect the pattern pieces that were cut in half, and group all the zillions of tiny individual segments together for each pattern piece so I could arrange them how I wanted, but it wasn’t too much work. (You do have to get around his lockdown of the PDF file.)

2 Likes

Ah good to know. I am happy enough to do cleanup and truthfully, I find I have to do it with most Etsy downloads.

Working through a design I liked in Inkscape now. Thanks!

2 Likes

May have been people openly wondering where to buy one.

2 Likes