New Pro Unit Arrived and some thoughts on shipping

I wonder if the handles can be fixed by just cutting the tab off so it has to be prised with a screwdriver if there isn’t a drop in replacement that works like that.

1 Like

I hope glowforge does not listen to you suggestions… otherwise international shipping starts 2019 :slight_smile: But i fear you are right…

Saw an unboxing video today where the owner pulled a handle off without even unlatching it. So they seem to a be a total fail.

Was it actually intact? My working unit showed up with 2 handles. Well, I thought it was two but one had been mangled and shredded then possibly before it came all the way out, given a quick tap back in. It was pretty obvious what orientation the box had traversed the country in. The handles are designed for vertical pressure from a horizontal position and are designed well for that. UPS handling on the other hand…

3 Likes

Yes the box was in pretty good shape with one handle missing. I was surprised you can just pull them without opening them. There doesn’t seem enough overlap with the cardboard.

You couldn’t just pull them out with mine, well the two that were left. I think half of my unboxing time was spent trying to figure out how to remove the handle. The tab thing had broken off the first handle I went to remove. I was reading the instructions, looking at the handle, and couldn’t find a tab and it wouldn’t just pull out. Not until I looked at the second one did it click. Then no problem.

4 Likes
4 Likes

From what I remember I’d say the effort it took to pull that first one out is correct. There are instructions for removing the handles and they weren’t matching my handle because that tab was torn off or was a defective handle. I didn’t want to brute force something with such a ridiculously high replacement fee for a warranty return. They don’t just pull out, it took some force and twisting, but clearly not impossible based on the “how many handles did you get game.”

3 Likes

Welcome, and thanks for sharing your experience. Now you can get to the fun stuff… Looks like you’re off to a good start already!

1 Like

Thank you. I had my father come over today and try out the trace and 3d engrave for the first time. See attached
This machine is amazing. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Amazing!

With respect to shipping, I just got a sauna delivered. Luckily freight as the packaging was essentially one big cardboard box on a pallet and everything tossed in. Surprised none of the glass broke as the heater and 45lb box of rocks was sitting on top of the door…

And yeah I was missing the obligatory 2 handles…

Mine came on a pallet with an OSB box built around the boxes that the sauna parts were in - sucker was monster heavy - but I only had 1 glass piece (the door). The rest were walls/ceiling/floor/etc. The truck driver had an electric pallet jack & a lift gate and he was nice enough to trundle it all the way down the driveway (the last truck pallet I had delivered the guy left it at the street end of the driveway & I had to get it to the house). The sauna driver got $50 for a libation stop on the way home :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah got mine a nice tip as well as he helped get it down our driveway into the garage…this thing has glass dor and window panels on the front side. Hopefully get to work on it this weekend.

They’re just outstanding during the winter months especially :slight_smile: I spend 45 min or so in it after a Tai Chi practice session. If you’re going to sit & read the paper or a book or something, no sense you can’t do it in a sauna :smile:

We have infrared heaters in the front as well as the sides & back so there’s only room for glass in the door. But that’s fine - it’s not like we were looking for a room with a view :slight_smile: