New release improved greater speed - but skips and is off center

Sorry this doesn’t help your issue but could you tell me what font that is? It looks ideal for a project I’m working on!

Hi!

It’s a great font.
It’s Stars and Swirls Monogram.

Thank you so much for letting me know, and checking the belt.

We are currently investigating the behavior of this particular print. While manual settings is currently in beta, you can try using Proofgrade settings on the same print and see if this will allow you to complete the print. As soon as I have more information regarding the trouble you ran into, I’ll make sure to update this thread.

The camera looks off to the right and up. I see a lot of the bottom and the right of the frame of the crumb tray. I don’t see the top or the left.

When loading a svg file that is 5.75" wide, it shows up and cuts as 8.25" or so.

Also, I just made a cut and it was a little to short, so I resized it and hit go the message about the thickness being too much… It is a .18" thick slate tile on the crumb tray.

Christmas is coming and we have A LOT we need this for.

I will try to re-calibrate the lens.

Not sure if I’m being a bit stupid but when I Google it, the font looks completely different! I meant the script one?

Thank you for letting us know about the issue with your file’s scale in the app also. Will you please share a copy of the file which loaded at the wrong size? We’ll be happy to look into this for you. If you’d prefer to share the design privately, please email it to us at support@glowforge.com.

Sorry - that was my fault.
I gave you the wrong font. That one is summer daisy.
Thanks!

Sure - I would be grateful for you to look at it.
I have never had that problem and I don’t have it with other files. I don’t know what I am missing…

Days%20until%20Christmas%20Truck%20-%20small%20slate

1 Like

Thank you for sharing a copy of the file you’re having trouble with. I was able to verify that it opened at the scale that you described when I tested it. Looking at the plain text of your file, I can see references to both Inkscape and Illustrator. Did you design a portion of this in Inkscape first, and then finish the design using Illustrator?

I was able to upload the file at the correct scale by opening it in Inkscape and saving it as a Plain SVG (I made no other changes). It’s possible that the file contained SVG code that our app has trouble processing. Saving the file as a Plain SVG in Inkscape will help to remove any unusual SVG code. Will you please give this a try and let me know how it goes?

3 Likes

That’s normal. Nobody can see the left or top edges onscreen. They’re outside the printable area, though, so it’s not a big deal.

Check what the export scale is on your design program. The Glowforge scales images at 96 dpi, so if your design program exports at some other scale (72 dpi is a common one), it won’t be sized right in the GFUI. (A 5.75" image exported at 72 dpi will be about 7" in the GFUI.)

You can work around this by using a 12x20" art board in your design program. When the GFUI sees a 12x20" art board it automatically scales it correctly.

1 Like

It is also possible that objects in a group are scaled (and placed) differently than they are as the group, so when it is brought into the GFUI they revert to the previous size and place.

Thanks!
Totally worked. We got some svg files from someone and they must have created them with a program other than inkscape. We edited it in inkscape and saved it and got the larger file in the GFUI.
I went back and saved it as a ‘Plain svg’ and it now goes into the GFUI as the correct size.

This is the first time we didn’t fully create something ourselves in inkscape.

Thanks for your help!

HI - MARK - THIS DIDN’T SOLVE THE ORIGINAL ISSUE…

2 Likes

This is so awesome to hear! I’m so glad the community was able to help resolve the trouble you were experiencing.

I appreciate you working so closely with us to narrow down the snag. I’ll close this topic now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you run into any trouble. We’re here to help :slight_smile:

In an alternate thread @grahamaini mentioned:

Hi Mark - this didn’t solve the original issue of my thread.
It was just a side issue.
Can you re-open it?
You said in a previous post that “We are currently investigating the behavior of this particular print. While manual settings is currently in beta, you can try using Proofgrade settings on the same print and see if this will allow you to complete the print. As soon as I have more information regarding the trouble you ran into, I’ll make sure to update this thread.”

I don’t want the original issue to fall through the cracks.

Please let me know.

Thanks!~

1 Like

@grahamaini Due to the nature of the Beta revolving around speeds above 1K, I’ve let the team know about this, and we’re looking into it now. Please keep on eye on our Announcements page here for updated information.

Would it be possible to perform the original print using Default settings, and let me know if the same trouble occurs?

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks Marc!

I will try one at normal speed.
I just ordered more GF wood, so when it gets here I can run it.

Thanks!

Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to do so. I’d like to ensure that the print completes without the same behavior on Default settings. Let me know how it goes!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.