New signs for friends

Howdy y’all. It’s been a while since I have made anything to share, but this spring has been super busy. Creatively I’m in a bit of a rut, but this is what I have done lately. The Villanova sign is on Columbia 2 sided Hickory ply from Home Depot.

47 Likes

@ovm.steve love your work!
What material is the Missouri US Route sign made of? It has an interesting texture.

5 Likes

These look great! Love the Missouri sign:-)

4 Likes

Your signs are just delicious. They are so well done!

3 Likes

Really clean work. That Hickory is beautiful too and I don’t think I’ve seen much of it used before.

6 Likes

All three are top notch!

2 Likes

Oh wow, these look great!

4 Likes

Very nice. Are you from Louisiana?

1 Like

Hardboard from Home Depot. The texture comes from Rustoleum Textured spray paint. After it drys, I then sprayed in the colors.

8 Likes

I had been wanting to try it for awhile and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I applied Minwax Golden Oak stain before assembly.

2 Likes

No, but have many friends from there. I spent some time there in 1986 preparing for Super Bowl XX. Most of my time was spent in Basile/Eunice, Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Love the state, love the people and love the food. My father owned some land around Houma.

3 Likes

Nice signs! Yes the creative rut is a thing, but power through! You need to find some new inspiration!

2 Likes

I was born and raised in Houma! Moved to Thibodaux when I got married.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve planned several trips back, but something always comes up to interfere.

If you come to Louisiana we will have to meet for coffee or lunch.

1 Like

These are beautiful.

2 Likes

It’s a deal.

I guess you had to tape it before adding color? Look great!

1 Like

They look so awesome!!! Sooo nice!!

1 Like