New vector software for Mac

Amadine.

Haven’t seen anyone mention it here.

4 Likes

Thanks…just downloaded the trial.

Thanks. I will take a look at this.

1 Like

I played with the demo last night. For $20, it’s a decent little app. and one that I won’t mind recommending to someone who asks about design apps. I’m so used to Affinity now though, I can’t see myself bothering to use Amadine. Though my time with it was short, I couldn’t see anything that AD doesn’t already have. There was one thing though that I would not like…the drop down menu of fonts does not show the actual appearance of the fonts…nor, does it change it as you scroll when your text is highlighted. It’s only a list of the font names…and though I remember many, I don’t remember all and it would be a PITA to go looking for a font in that way. There are many times that I decide spur-of-the-moment on one just because I can see in the preview what it’s going to look like.

7 Likes

Agreed, that’s a non-starter for me. Thanks for letting me cross that off today’s to-do list. :sunglasses:

:warning: I am in no way disparaging this app. Will probably work great for others, but it doesn’t fit my preferred work style.

2 Likes

Even though the apps I use show the font in the dropdown with the text I’m formatting, I usually use wordmark.it whenever I’m doing work where I’m looking for a specific look. Rather than cursor up & down the list, the wordmark website shows all of the fonts installed on my PC with the text showing in each & several fonts across the page so I can just page up & down some until I see my text the way I think I want it to look :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.