New video! Glowforge Goes Retro

Great project! If I wasn’t still using a Blackberry, I’d hope for this to be in the catalog.

4 Likes

Hope you’re not left-handed!

64 Likes

Even if I was it was worth it. *drool That’s fantastic!

9 Likes

That is an awesome design! Love it!

7 Likes

What an awesome project. It looks real. :relaxed:

5 Likes

@bailey was this inspiration?

7 Likes

I LOVE this one! :clap:

4 Likes

Yeah me too! That wood is pure :heart_eyes:.

4 Likes

Oh I have no idea, I hadn’t seen that post before. I think the inspiration was an early smartphone stand design iteration made of acrylic, which we noticed sort of amplified the sound.

18 Likes

It looks amazing!!

It is chalk what is used to add the white accents?

2 Likes

Fantastic! Have you tried using two-layer acrylic like this? I wonder what the engraving would do to the white color on the inside…

3 Likes

Great job! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

That’s how they did the airplane party invite in the original marketing video. Very cool stuff!

2 Likes

I’ll take it. The left hand, that is.

2 Likes

Georgous !! (Esp the wood one). What was the coloring medium used to add the white on the acrylic (just regular acrylic paint?) . Keep the videos coming !!

(Who can guess what music is on "Shell’s Mix ? :thinking: :grin:)

3 Likes

I’ll put in the guess Asaf Avidan “one day”.

1 Like

Wow this is wonderful!
Hopefully this will be in the catalog?

3 Likes

Pretty sweet!

V2 you could actually cut some window holes for the tape deck and gauges on the outer layer, move the engravings to the inner layer that’s now visible through those holes, and then cut some clear acrylic to fit in there. Then you could potentially have a different color top layer (or material) from the inside so the tape is a different color.

6 Likes

That’s really cool! I love the video, but the assembly went way to fast…we want more…(feed me Seymore!) - Rich :seedling:

5 Likes

I was just thinking about a project like this yesterday!
Been using a small cardboard box on its side. Second the catalog idea!
Thanks Bailey! :sunglasses:

2 Likes