New video! Glowforge Goes Retro

Probably my favorite of all the videos we’ve done so far - just a fun, easy, and useful project if you’re someone like me who listens to music and/or podcasts during nearly every waking moment.

111 Likes

Love it – Definitely going in my personal hopper!

9 Likes

I do hope that one is on offer in the catalog! :grinning::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee::glowforge:

19 Likes

LOVE this!! Out of curiosity, was this designed in-house? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yup! We’ve also done it with a hardwood veneer as the front (so, no “coloring” required), which is GORGEOUS. They did that after I filmed this video or I might’ve featured that instead.

26 Likes

Ohhh! Thats amazing!! I’d give my left hand for a photo of the one with the veneer. :wink: Haha

6 Likes

Great project! If I wasn’t still using a Blackberry, I’d hope for this to be in the catalog.

4 Likes

Hope you’re not left-handed!

64 Likes

Even if I was it was worth it. *drool That’s fantastic!

9 Likes

That is an awesome design! Love it!

7 Likes

What an awesome project. It looks real. :relaxed:

5 Likes

@bailey was this inspiration?

7 Likes

I LOVE this one! :clap:

4 Likes

Yeah me too! That wood is pure :heart_eyes:.

4 Likes

Oh I have no idea, I hadn’t seen that post before. I think the inspiration was an early smartphone stand design iteration made of acrylic, which we noticed sort of amplified the sound.

18 Likes

It looks amazing!!

It is chalk what is used to add the white accents?

2 Likes

Fantastic! Have you tried using two-layer acrylic like this? I wonder what the engraving would do to the white color on the inside…

3 Likes

Great job! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

That’s how they did the airplane party invite in the original marketing video. Very cool stuff!

2 Likes

I’ll take it. The left hand, that is.

2 Likes