New video! Glowforge Goes Retro

Probably my favorite of all the videos we’ve done so far - just a fun, easy, and useful project if you’re someone like me who listens to music and/or podcasts during nearly every waking moment.

New way to color fill engraves?
Weekly Highlights for the Week Ending February 18, 2017

Love it – Definitely going in my personal hopper!

I do hope that one is on offer in the catalog! :grinning::squeeee::squeeee::squeeee::glowforge:

LOVE this!! Out of curiosity, was this designed in-house? :slight_smile:

Yup! We’ve also done it with a hardwood veneer as the front (so, no “coloring” required), which is GORGEOUS. They did that after I filmed this video or I might’ve featured that instead.

Ohhh! Thats amazing!! I’d give my left hand for a photo of the one with the veneer. :wink: Haha

Great project! If I wasn’t still using a Blackberry, I’d hope for this to be in the catalog.

Hope you’re not left-handed!

Even if I was it was worth it. *drool That’s fantastic!

That is an awesome design! Love it!

What an awesome project. It looks real. :relaxed:

@bailey was this inspiration?

I LOVE this one! :clap:

Yeah me too! That wood is pure :heart_eyes:.

Oh I have no idea, I hadn’t seen that post before. I think the inspiration was an early smartphone stand design iteration made of acrylic, which we noticed sort of amplified the sound.

It looks amazing!!

It is chalk what is used to add the white accents?

Fantastic! Have you tried using two-layer acrylic like this? I wonder what the engraving would do to the white color on the inside…

Great job! Keep up the good work!

That’s how they did the airplane party invite in the original marketing video. Very cool stuff!

I’ll take it. The left hand, that is.