NEW video: Hello Glowforge Episode 1

Great list. I’ve been wanting to do more YouTube videos and these give me ideas. Not quite the quality of Glowforge, but they are well-intentioned. I have one that has a lot of detail about doing the scan and trace and cut and engrave I’ll post later today.

6 Likes

Something that explains well the difference between raster and vector, engrave, score, cut.

6 Likes

A simple tutorial of your kids making a rubber band powered airplane.

5 Likes

well fine just to try and top the people requesting pro demos, I want to see a 2 pro demo. 1st pro cutting a yard and meter simultaneously passing out the slot into the second pro engraving the unit marks and text on the freshly cut measurement devices!

Top that!

2 Likes

I want to see the sequel with the kids sneaking into “Dad’s office” at night and printing out some counterfit tokens…:innocent:

9 Likes

I’d like to see the GF cutting paper and card properly. I understood that you could do so without burning the edges, but every example i’ve seen so far has burns, so would be useless for the card and paper projects that i wanted to do.

5 Likes

I love these! Keep them coming!

1 Like

It’s probably already been mentioned but a video on the process for making a true 3D engrave (like the result you sowed on a video Q&A a while back) would be great. I think that @takitus has already written about the process but it would be great to see it on a video.

3 Likes

I’ll second customizing a catalog item. Seems like the next logical step for someone starting out.

2 Likes

I don’t think we have a hard list!

The viola idea may already be in progress, but it won’t be in “Hello, Glowforge” format.

3 Likes