New Wallet Design - EJ Wallet

Acrylic paint and alcohol based dye. Simple design on medium to thick leather. Masked the leather first. On the silver smaller piece, I learned the hard way that painting around text is a huge pain. For my second wallet I did the a coat of silver paint first, then engraved. Waaaay better looking and easer to deal with. I need to learn how to finish the edges. I sold a couple of these and folks don’t seem to mind, but they would look much more finished.

30 Likes

in fact… it’s cold as hell. :rofl:

8 Likes

I have been working with song lyrics on some products. It’s awesome when someone connects. It’s so great to see glee on folks’ faces.

7 Likes

Smart! and probably true of the main image as well :slight_smile:

Very nice result.

Very cool!

(you’re were at Deathsploration recently, right?)

1 Like

Yep! And, hey!

Like I knew it was a lyric as soon as I seen it, but it this wallet made me automatically start to have a Phish Lyric from a new song start playing in my head “we have come to outlive our brains” on it. Odd that it happened like that.

Um…

What’s a deathsploration?

Deathsploration was an event in West Seattle about death acceptance & planning & such, and they had a small craft market…

Not to threadjacking, but…

Huh that is a surprisingly healthy thing for Americans to go to. We spend a lot of time acting like it’s not going to happen.

2 Likes

Hoping we’ll figure out how to stop it :slightly_smiling_face: I’m not yet willing to confront my own demise. Contrary to my wife & financial advisors. I have a 30 yr investment horizon vs traditional wisdom of ratcheting back to a bonds heavy portfolio for near-retirees. My wife thinks we’ll (or she’ll) be gone in 10 years and wants all of our money in a savings account :grin:

But I can now wrap my head around it - when you’re 20 or 30 you can’t really understand 50 or 60 year time horizons. When you’re 50 or 60 you can actually relate to a 20 or 30 year timeframe and internalize your remaining likely lifespan.

It’s a great thing. I have a friend who is a “death douhla”. She has been a companion to folks dying a number of times now. Cool stuff IMHO.

I am all good with a hijacked thread, BTW.

1 Like

The event had no financial planning spin on death. It was more about emotional support and services in a death-forward outlook. Refreshing.

Reminded of:

(Threadjacking continues)

2 Likes

That is amazing.

1 Like

My 97 year old grandmother doesn’t like assisted living because of all the old people there. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Laughingly enough, I get that. Some people are just younger at heart than others. My own mother felt the same way. She lived to be 103.

5 Likes