Newbie here, first project done 😍

Very pleased at the results, although had a few hiccups along the way. This is overall the 5th print on the GF Basic, including some test prints.
I am hoping to sell maps like these to a specific demographic, and hope to be able to upgrade to a Pro in the future.
The Community has been an invaluable source of information, I have learned so much so far. I am hoping to improve on my jobs with every print, and I know where to turn if I hit a roadblock. Thank you for a wonderful Community :sunglasses:

66 Likes

Nice result, well done.

5 Likes

Turned out great, what did you use for the teal color of the river?

5 Likes

Great piece of artwork.

Can you share some of your experience without revealing your trade secrets? How did you come up with the idea? What material did you use? How did you trace the map? etc.

This is a learning community and I am always curious about how ideas become beautiful works of art.

3 Likes

Great tribute to one of the great cities of the world that has given humanity so many geniuses, not to mention the food and beer.

5 Likes

Very nice map! Well done!

5 Likes

Nailed it!

5 Likes

That is a really nice first project. I predict your sales will steadily increase. It is rewarding to hear that the forum helped you along, but it is even better that you have joined and are helping to make it better by sharing your experiences.

5 Likes

Looks amazing! Great job!

4 Likes

For the river color I painted the board underneath with DecoArt acrylic paint, color is Calypso Blue. I had it laying around the house already, but I believe it is from Michaels

4 Likes

I came up with the idea when I saw one on Etsy. And of course, through looking at the amazing work done by GF owners. I researched the topic in the community, and found many users create their maps on snazzymaps.com . I did create my own map style, and inputting the city was a breeze. I am a Photoshop girl, and AI is not my thing (yet). But I did learn a quick work around to create my png on PS, then convert it into svg in Inkscape. Once I learned how Inkscape works, it is easy now.

5 Likes

I grew up in Hungary, and hoping to tap into targeting Hungarians living abroad with these maps, and other merch created with GF, for them to remember and take pride in their beautiful home country.

4 Likes

I love the skyline along the bottom!

2 Likes

I had no idea Snazzymaps existed!!! Awesome first project - welcome to the group!

1 Like

Love this!
Have you thought of collecting small stones and using epoxy resin for your rivers?

2 Likes

Believe it or not, the skyline was a rescue addition to the final project… I made a mistake sizing my map the first time, making it 2 inches shorter than what I needed, and thought I printed the corrected job, but the old one still remained in the print “queue”. Then I thought I will just add a skyline to the bottom to save the project… turned out way better than I expected :grin:

4 Likes

I thought of resin, but not the stones… genius :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice recovery! I think it makes the project even more interesting. Maybe because I like reading drawings - this is a plan view and an elevation.

Always loved the look of epoxy resin with natural elements. I too plan on making maps and would like to use items to put more life into it. The trick I think would be just making sure not to make the project too heavy lol

4 Likes

I love maps! The skyline kicks it up a notch … well done!