Nightlight for baby shower

I made two of these for a co-worker who is expecting twin girls - this was the high tech gift (handknit bears were the low tech contribution).
The GF makes these so easy but with such a big impact!
nightlight

28 Likes

Well, I thought I’d rotated the photo before I saved it. . . .

2 Likes

Very nice! I’ve made a few of these with the same base. I’ve done mostly photographs, modified in photoshop. I think for the most part, a simpler graphic may come out better, like this one! Great spacing and font selection.

Rich

3 Likes

Love it! (You could show the bears too…just sayin…) :innocent:

5 Likes

Very nice! Light up signs like this are on my list of projects to make, I just never have time or cooperative weather to do much here lately

3 Likes

I started to embroider faces on them but they ended up looking slightly creepy . . . thus the plain look! They’re about 6" tall (sorry no banana for scale!)
bears

9 Likes

Oh no! I don’t think those are creepy at all! And you don’t want button eyes around infants.
(Wish I had that skill.) :slightly_smiling_face:

Love the bears and the lights - old world knitting skills and cutting edge technology usage. You are certainly the modern woman.

4 Likes

Nice work.

I made two nightlights like that for my Grandaughters, one 5 the other 4. One was into butterflies and the younger liked owls. I guess the art I chose for the owl was a bit elaborate.
"Can you tell what it is Kennedy? “Yes, it’s a butterfly!”
“Can you tell what it is Caley?” (in a cute as can be baby girl voice) “It’s a monster.”

“Sleep tight sweetheart!”
JK, she saw it after we told her…
You are right to judge if you think it might be creepy.

7 Likes

LED lights are a lot of fun … This is very sweet!

2 Likes

I can see that, I just don’t know what the solution is :slight_smile:

1 Like

I understood you to mean that they looked a bit creepy with the faces on them. I think everyone else thinks you meant they look creepy now. I think they look sweet.

4 Likes

Yes - this! My embroidery skill are just not up to par and the stitches looked messy. So I took them out and the bears looked much better without extra decor. Maybe I should edit the original post…

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I did misread that…I like them how they are now. :smile:

5 Likes