Nintendo Cape

Life has been crazy busy the past few months but now that my she shed is no longer a robotics competition build zone, I finally had the chance to made something I have been planning for a while. I made a Nintendo inspired cape with a princess peach inspired tulle dress. The main front has characters engraved on it and then one sleeve has mario kart going down it. The back has a mario landscape along the side with a big center design.

46 Likes

Love this!

4 Likes

Love it!

4 Likes

That is adorable! My grandchildren would think you are so cool :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Awesome! This is such a fun cape!! Just wondering - do you keep all your creations, donate them to charity auctions, or sell them? You have such an amazing collection! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I never played Nintendo, but I know people who would love this.

3 Likes

Very nice work! Mario is a longtime favorite.

1 Like

I keep some of them but gift out/donate most of them. I am making a set for a fall fashion show and am going to let those get auctioned off and all costs would go to my local dog rescues.

2 Likes

“No Capes!” This is awesome.

2 Likes

I love this! Another of your fabulous outfits. Can we see the dress without the cape covering it?

3 Likes

I will for sure do a picture show of that :slight_smile: I never know how much non glowforging content to post lol.

2 Likes

But that post would be in direct response to a specific request you had to show it, so I think it would be okay to do so. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well here is a similar dress and what has been taking up my mannequin the past week. I made it for Easter

Also, I’m determined to make capes an all year round thing :blush: Sew I made a spring cape to go with it because it’s still cold here.

4 Likes

So pretty! That looks like it took a lot of time to make all those flowers.

Amazing. Is the cape in leather or some other material? So cool.

1 Like

All these engravings are with this polyester fabric. I love it. On sale it is usually $7 a yard: https://www.joann.com/meerkat-scuba-faux-suede-sportswear-fabric/18242487.html