No silk, no screen

Unfortunately per @dan you need to either remove the settings info or move the topic to Beyond the Manual.

Really nice job though and never would have thought you could do it so well using a laser.

1 Like

Just encode it so it doesn’t have to move to Beyond the Manual:

“Dither at the number of trombones in the big parade resolution. I did ullfay eedspay at the number of hours in a day power.”

Keep it quiet and Dan won’t figure it out!

11 Likes

Unfortunate, indeed. I must remember to avoid posting in this category from now on…

2 Likes

Really nice work! I’m totally heartened that this is such an incredibly easy-looking process. I made geeky T-shirts for the hubs last Chanukah and the iron-ons are already pretty beat-up. Silk-screen would have been infinitely cooler.

4 Likes

Thank you, this is super fantastic!
We have a whole silkscreen setup that we basically never used since it was such a pain to cleanup. This look like it completely replaces the whole thing. We have the stretchers and the hinged frame and plenty of mylar…

6 Likes

Thanks.
I removed that segment and posted settings over in beyond the manual.
https://community.glowforge.com/t/dithering-mylar/10216?u=cmreeder&source_topic_id=10188

I am happy to follow the rules. I suspect that the friendly neighborhood lawyers have at least as much influence as @dan on the rules regarding settings for non- :proofgrade: materials.

Regardless of the reasons, I am a grateful guest of this excellent community.

6 Likes

Another project worth the price of a Glowforge for what it can do. Prayers for your friend’s daughter. Thanks for the inspiration.

Now if I can get my hands on a production unit with real low power, I’d love to do this!

2 Likes

Wow, very cool.

Wonderful job…prayers going up for your friend

1 Like

New shirt. I just used magnets on Mylar with no paper behind. It cut fantastically.
Also, taping the shirt to the table seems to help hold things steady for the squeegee process.
I love this. I need a pile of blank shirts, now, in my supplies.

25 Likes

That’s a great layout too…did you design that? :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

:blush: yes!
Thanks. I am ridiculously pleased with it.
I used both comic sans and papyrus on purpose… a nod to the font police here on this forum.

14 Likes

You’re just a wild child living on the ragged edge of danger! ROFL! :smile:

4 Likes

Good thing…you do NOT want to cross them. Believe me!

2 Likes

It came out great! Now I want to try one. With glow in the dark paint.

2 Likes

I’d even resisted the urge to mention it on Facebook. :joy:

2 Likes

You’re back.

1 Like

Oh AhnoldZ, I’ve never really been gone.
I’ve been in your :heart: the whole time. *plays uplifting Disney music

8 Likes

This was a good one.

#necrogame

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like