No Waffle Guide to Inkscape and Glowforge in 25 minutes

ANNNND …SOME HOW I COMMENTED ON THE WRONG FORUM!!! OH my goodness. I AM GOING TO BED!

1 Like

Very .nice box maker. wondering which one you used and how you installed it

Its the standard “Laser Tools → Tabbed Box Maker” which I thought came out of the box.
If not, download it here: GitHub - paulh-rnd/TabbedBoxMaker: Inkscape tabbed box generator plugin - quickly design complex "finger jointed" boxes

(Just realised, on my inkscape I moved a couple of standard tools to a special tab - on the video I should have used the installed defaults - sorry about that).

1 Like

How do you download the code to inkscape? I don’t understand the directions on the link you provided. Thank you for the video, it has helped me greatly!

1 Like

Just had a chance to watch your video. Great job! Thank you for your work on this.

1 Like

I don’t understand that either

I am not understanding the code for Inkscape

Seems like the other extension in laser tools is here:

Goto https://github.com/paulh-rnd/TabbedBoxMaker

on the right hand side click “Clone or download” - select download.

This will give you a ZIP file.

In File Explorer, double click the zip file to open it. Things vary by operating system but most of the newer ones will show you the files. Select the two files called boxmaker, right-click and select “COPY”.

Now move to your inkskape extensions folder in file explorer, which by default is “C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions”

RIght click this folder and select “PASTE”

Restart Inkscape the extension will now appear under Extension, Laser Tools.

However, before you do all that - double check that you do not have it installed already as I think it comes out of the box with inkscape.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.