Nodosaur fossil

have you guys seen this UNBELIEVABLE nodosaur fossil making the rounds? like, i can’t. i just can’t.

many of you are probably aware that canada is something of a crude oil powerhouse. lots of drilling. this was found in 2011, one of the best fossils ever recovered, definitely the best nodosaur found. too bad they were only able to recover the front half!

i mean. it still has skin. you can almost, almost, make yourself believe that this was the dinosaur’s last expression before probably being swept out to see in a river.

this is our best guess at what it probably looked like when it was still alive:

41 Likes

Just saw an article about it- absolutely amazing!! That gif sums it up pretty well haha

6 Likes

That is really Amazing! :nerd_face:
@jrnelson thanks for sharing! Awesome Find!

My neighbor will flip out. He is studying to be a paleontologist, and works at a Dinosaur museum.

He probably already heard about it though

7 Likes

Looks like it will move in any second!! Beautiful details. :grinning:

1 Like

Jenna Marbles is fun

1 Like

she’s probably my all-time favorite video blogger. almost every single one of her videos cracks me up. she’s crazy smart, too (which is probably obvious in retrospect, i think it’s hard to be consistently funny and dumb).

1 Like

Hehe, looks cuddly!

1 Like

You have your fossil, I’ve got mine:

A backup generator for one of my sites. It’s a 1950 model, like me. It’s still working, like me.

And for the power geeks, it’s natural gas fueled, 306 horsepower, 400 RPM, driving a 200 kW generator, doing exactly as well as when it was brand new.

Now, back to waiting on that email.

14 Likes