Nonlaser things that I think GFers will find interesting

Wow. so that must be timed to advance, like the sync they used in WW1 kites (aircraft) so the machine guns would miss the propeller…? That sent my brain into a tight loop. Of course, with image manipulation it’s hard to invest belief in anything you see anymore.

3 Likes

+1 on the What?!

@shogun says: have you ever heard of a Rose Engine?

Nope! But the googles has!

I feel like @rbtdanforth would like this.

3 Likes

It sounds very cool!

Imagine as a Doorknob Manufacturer!

Many of my “avatar” designs are similar :slightly_smiling_face:

Rose Engines are a crazy rabbit hole and also one of those cases where the machine looks even cooler than what you make with it.

8 Likes

Oh I just want one of these so much. My ability to fix old machinery is pretty limited so I’ll have to enjoy watching others from afar.

Someone needs to get this and tell me if it’s as cool as it looks:

4 Likes

Hah!

Reminded me of a certain laser I know,

20 Likes

Ever expanding butt join options:

3 Likes

Oh that’s a good one. Velcro wood.

I was reminded of this earlier today, where an AI routine can upsample raster images…

pretty astounding.

5 Likes

That is pretty astounding!

1 Like

Welp, I don’t like this.

6 Likes

Cool hacks our brains use to help us interpret reality…

4 Likes

That’s amazing. :no_mouth:

7 Likes

Yeah I almost posted that one too! So cool!

2 Likes
3 Likes

ooooo…only 2 grand too for the first 100 orders. 10/5 here I come :smiley:

Although, I honestly don’t know what I’d use it for right now. Gotta start noodling.

Or smaller and cheaper…

from same company

That’s their vacuum forming machine that people were excited about recently. Another option if you want a small, inexpensive vacuum former is this one from the dental industry. It gets good reviews from a number of maker types.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E42CUT4/

I have used neither a vacuum former nor a pressure former. So, my sense of the differences comes only from reading and watching videos about them.

2 Likes