Nonlaser things that I think GFers will find interesting

Thinking that perhaps light and time are aspects of the same thing and every location the center of the universe from that point of view. Like when a pebble drops in still water the area of the wave keeps getting bigger, every direction we look is backwards in time as well, so if we look later each point is further back, and two points in opposite direction are farther apart. So of course the universe looks bigger but perhaps it is only a matter of finding a different perspective where time is not the measured item.

4 Likes

I have been hearing that there is an overgrowth of sargassum seaweed on East Coast beaches, and wasn’t sure how much there was or where it was located.

I’m visiting my dad in northern central Florida on the Atlantic coast and went to his beach. I’ve never seen seaweed on this beach before but it’s fairly well covered now. I brought my drone, so here you go:

13 Likes

Damn that’s a pretty shot. Even if it’s a messy situation.

7 Likes

That wouldn’t even raise eyebrows up here in the Northeast. It’s pretty typical for the ocean beaches of Cape Cod, MA and the NH coast.

6 Likes

Oregon, too.

5 Likes

Texas too.

5 Likes

I was in in the US Virgin Islands this Easter and the East facing beaches were a mess, the front loaders would work all day removing sargassum seaweed and by next morning it would have piled up 1 feet high for about 4 feet wide for miles on end.

6 Likes

I actually did have a job as a beachboy while in college and discovered why the beach was not covered in dead seaweed. One of my main chores was to see to that. I was fortunate in having a vacationing Undertaker wanting to keep his hand in the game as it were.

3 Likes

Silly human. AI knows cowboys smoke Marlboros, not pipes.

4 Likes

Firefly is getting better too

isolated iron lighthouse shining out to sea at night as it sits on a rocky stone island being battered by huge ocean waves, smoky orange clouds sci-fi_painting

14 Likes

Same prompt in Midjourney, first result:

They’re all pretty good but I think I liked this one best:

10 Likes

The Kraken is bad enough, I don’t think the world needs a Fire Kraken!!

Out of curiosity - the :glowforge: Magic Canvas No Art Style (Full Color) style:

All much more simplistic.

Same thing but Black & White Photograph style:

Much closer!

Usually my favorite Heroic Portrait style:

but I think this one is the best (from the 2nd group):

12 Likes

I went there a while back on Magic Canvas and got this…

Perhaps high lighthouse?

7 Likes

I agree, but the one with surfers(?) made me smile

That made me laugh

Me too. Good choice.

Just missing the words for a Grateful Dead concert poster

7 Likes

Hah I didn’t even notice the surfers. That’s funny :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I did one today on MidJourney that I liked a lot:

It made for a very nice box lid

20 Likes

Wanna share the prompt? That’s really good!

5 Likes

After about 150 tries with…
“Magnificent isolated rusty iron lighthouse shining out to sea at night as it sits on a rocky stone island being battered by huge ocean waves, smoky orange storm clouds, heroic sci-fi_painting” — No Art Style (Full Color) style

It gave me this…,

8 Likes

That one was with the prompt:

“black and white lighthouse at the edge of the world, in the style of whimsical line work, solarizing master, chromatic landscape, tumblewave, sunrays shine upon it, hand-drawn, coloring book style”

It was poached in part from a description of something else I did previously, so I have no idea what “tumblewave” is.

8 Likes

Why is the big lighthouse peeing on the little lighthouse?!?

12 Likes