Not all failed projects are failed projects!

So a few weeks ago I was attempting to make my own acrylic stamps for some leather, unfortunately the leather press I made sucked and didn’t do what I thought it would do. Additionally, I didn’t engrave deep enough so the offsetting didn’t leave much imprint ether. However I have found a new use for them, something I had not thought of at the time of cutting!

So it would seem I now have some very stylish acrylic coasters! Just because a project fails at it’s main task doesn’t mean that it fails…just needs to be repurposed!

37 Likes

I really love that turtle! They might be even better as night lights :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I think you’d say that’s turning lemons into lemon aid!
:grinning:

4 Likes

Does your soda can really say, “GFUI”? :smiley:

5 Likes

Is the sword with birds supposed to be a turtle? I guess when i zoom out it does look like a cute turtle. I was zooming in to see if i missed the turtle somewhere :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I had a harder time figuring out the owl :rofl: but that had as much to do with the reflection.

5 Likes

So now sure where you got turtle from, it’s a dagger with runes on the left and a battle owl on the right :laughing::joy::laughing::joy:

3 Likes

GFuel but I can see how it would look that way LOL

2 Likes

The turtle image has to be deliberate as the heads of the birds might be “random” but the turtle’s front feet are definitely not. Nor is the ellipse of the shell. I cannot “not” see the turtle!

2 Likes

Once you see the turtle, you can’t unsee it. The hilt is the head. And it makes a super cute turtle.

5 Likes

My wife will be happy to hear that :laughing::joy::laughing::joy: she loves turtles

5 Likes

Nice coasters!!

2 Likes

Awesome! Love the designs, love the ingenuity to find a purpose for a failed project even more!

Please accept this battle-turtle’s blessing… :rofl:

12 Likes

Lovely designs and what a brilliant way to repurpose them, you can stare at them every time you take a sip!

1 Like

Love the topic and optimism!

1 Like

Lemons to lemonade

1 Like