Not cutting through just right side of designs

Hi everyone,
I’m having an issue with cutting all the way through proof grade materials. No matter what in my gf or where on the material the design is placed or even if there are multiple cut designs next to each-other my glowforge wont cut through just the farmost right side of each cut (if i put three boxes next to each-other all three will have the far right side stuck) . I would love some suggestions as to where to start.

Support will ask you to print and post pictures of the Gift of Good Measure on the spare Medium Draftboard they provided. That’s their standard test to diagnose laser power issues.

We’ve seen occasional situations where the beam just loses power at certain parts of a cut. With the GoGM, it can skip parts of the circle scores and cuts and the perimeter, but appear to start out fine.

Unfortunately it usually means the machine needs to be replaced. Posting here opens a support ticket.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that your print didn’t cut through.

Could you please post a photo of the front and back of the print?

Please also let us know the date and time of the print (including time zone) in your reply.

I am having the same exact issue. The left side of my cuts barely go through and the right side doesn’t. It seems since the last update I have been having issues cutting through. I actually just put a ticket in yesterday because I thought it was the GF material I purchased. I have wasted so many boards this week because it won’t cut through on GF Proof materials. I wonder if others are having the same issues?

You’ll want to post your own post and generate a support ticket. Will save time if you include pictures and run the Gift of Good measure.

Is your crumb tray well seated? The focus could be off for part of the cut if it is not.

Hi shelby,
My glowforge has never cut all the way through on the right side, I always have trouble removing cuts. But now it’s not even going all the way through on PG with pg settings. Heres two attempts at gift of good fortune before/after cleaning the lens/windows. The latest was at 5:15pm pst 2/17/2020.

Thank you @hgiwoff for that information.

I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve heard back from you. I hope that’s because everything worked out! If not, just let me know and we’ll get it solved.

Issue is still unresolved. Here are the requested pictures.

Thank you so much for sending over these images!

I noticed what appeared to be a marking on the Silver Box Window in the images you provided. Is the circle appearing in the middle on the Window lens itself, or was that a reflection of the camera as you took the photo?

The image I’m inquiring about is the one below:

Once we can ensure that it is just the reflection of your camera, I’ll send over the next best steps.

It’s from the camera.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like

I still haven’t received an email about this.

I’m sorry for the mix-up.

It looks like it was sent on March 3.
Subject: Your Glowforge Community Post

I’ve re-sent it just now. Can you try checking your spam folder and let me know if you don’t receive it?

I just responded to your re-send.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.