Notebook Covers (inspired by @polarbrainfreeze)

Love my Tesla and Love my TSLA stock.

#teamred

1 Like

We seem to have found a common set of interests. Message if you hit the KC areaā€¦maybe a meet up can happen at a super charger. :wink: Between GF, Tesla #teamred and TSLA weā€™re bound to be friends. Letā€™s share our Tesla creations ā€¦ LOL

#teamred

1 Like

Thanks for the file!

Out of curiosity (and a bit off topic); How many miles do you have on your Tesla? Mine is a November 2018 Model 3 and it now has almost 48K miles and that is with no traveling between April 2020 and March 2021. I anticipate my initial warranty to be surpassed before the end of summer. :wink: Still love driving this beauty every chance I get! Have you made any cool things for your Tesla? Iā€™ve got a couple of ideas in the works.

2 Likes

Iā€™m at 46K. I had 32K on it the first year, and things have slowed down a bit since COVID.

I tried to make a scent clip that would fit in the vent, but the wood I tried never really absorbed enough scent to last more than a day. I love the car and canā€™t wait for the Cybertruck to be released.

Hopefully we will be over 50K this summer. I want to use adhesive backed veneer on the middle console (shiny black parts) but hubby has talked me out of it every time I brought it up. My thought was (oh please say if I am wrong) that at worst case it doesnā€™t look right, I pull it up and now I have to buy a vinyl kit to cover it (or cut my own like I did with the veneer but use the Silhouette cutter). I have a few things I want to make for my car but been so darn busy between work and studying that I havenā€™t had time. Maybe I will set a date do just only work with the GF that way I can concentrate on some things. Still LOVE my car after all these miles.

1 Like

Can someone share how I can get the spirals, and the paper and put it together? Iā€™d love to make this.

Just got back from 11 days of driving Route 66! My Tesla now is almost at 54K! 5,060 miles put on the car in that time. Very interesting trip and easy to control how much or little you want to be around people. When I saw gas for over $5 a gallon, I sure appreciated the savings on electricity in comparison. Highly recommend the trip down Route 66!

2 Likes

Hi! I bought my plastic spirals from Amazon, but if you donā€™t want to buy in bulk you can buy smaller quantities through Office Depot. If you only want a couple, you might be able to convince their copy area to sell you a couple.

As far as the paper there are a couple of options that I have done. I made the holes to be the same distance apart as typical spiral notebooks. Then I buy those during back to school sales when they are at their cheapest prices.

I have bought an office quality hole puncher and binder (donā€™t buy the craft ones as they arenā€™t as sturdy --I own 2 brands and they are more difficult to use) and then I can make the paper and notepads whatever size I want by using plain, lined or graph paper and cutting them to size.

2 Likes

thanks for your reply! I appreciate the help.

thank you, how did you add the wire? never made a notebook before

If you decide you want to try it out first and only want say 10 of each size that I have (I even have a large size as well), let me know and weā€™ll figure out a reasonable cost and shipping. I donā€™t think I will ever use all that I have here so would be open to a reasonable amount plus shipping and it would give you a chance to experiment and figure out your favorite sizes. :wink:

Iā€™m sorry I didnā€™t reply. We took a trip referenced here and it seems I have just been flooded between work and trying to get back to lasering again. I buy the wires or plastic spiral binding from Amazon. The binding machine was a TruBind that I bought and here is a video explaining how they add the binding wire/plastic spirals.

how to insert the spiral binding

First I punch the paper (I like to use graph paper for my own notebooks most times), then I take the newly lasered covers and put them in place. I clamp it altogether like a sandwich and then insert the binding. I actually think it is easier when you have thicker notebooks to just rolling the binding in by hand.

So if you havenā€™t bought a machine yet, then you really donā€™t need to pay extra for the thing like I bought. I had bought it based on number of pages you could punch at one time and my allotted budget. They are fun to make and nowā€¦you just made me think of a fun new notebook I want to make. LOL Have fun with them.

1 Like

Thank you for this file. I can definitely use this.