Notifications reset?

Either someone really likes my past post or my notifications reset lol.
This happen to anyone else today?

11 Likes

They’re not new they’re just resorted and isolated.

Replies are on a separate list etc.

The bigger thing that bugs me is that “latest” moved. That’s the primary page that I look at. (It’s in the drop-down menu on the left now)

10 Likes

Btw this appears to be isolated to mobile, not desktop forum.

EDIT: Wrong.

So if you’re in a thread and want to go to latest, you can’t get there directly anymore. you click the hamburger menu on right, and it doesn’t have latest as an option. This is annoying.

Aha! But you can fix this by adding a new section and putting a link on the hamburger menu to Glowforge Owners Forum

It looks like this:

That’s nice. You can pin any (discourse?) link you like there, so it’s like a super-bookmark. Hmm I’m still mixed on these latest UI updates here but that’s a good one.

EDIT EDIT: Looks like this was maybe a fire drill, since the “Everything” link in the nav menu takes you to “Latest”. That’s both good that it’s still there and also dumb that they renamed it.

11 Likes

Not liking the changes. Autocorrect/autofill seems to be gone too (on my Mac anyways)

7 Likes

Me either.
I’m old school. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

9 Likes

Just as bad as when iPhones and Samsung decide to switch all the icons you have on your phone and you have to get used to the new ones, many of which always seem to be worse. Super irritating.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m glad I found this post. I thought I was losing it for a second. I reloaded the page and suddenly everything was different.

8 Likes

I wonder if they finally made true blocking of other users possible?

I suspect no.

2 Likes

Not sure what you’re having an issue with. I have a handful of users on my ignore list and never see their threads or posts.

2 Likes

I see “blocked response” all the time and their annoying avatar icons show up in the summary when they respond.

If you open latest it shows you new topics by anyone you have blocked.

It doesn’t truly scrub them from the experience.

4 Likes

You’re right. I don’t see threads but the blocked posts are at least listed.

2 Likes

Oh snap, the “Everything” link in the hamburger menu is the same as “Latest”.

Weird that they have a new name for it there and it’s still “Latest” everywhere else. Oh, Discourse.

8 Likes

I like “new”…
https://community.glowforge.com/new

5 Likes

They changed it again and now it’s “Topics”.

Discourse, settle down.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.