NRA Silhouette targets

Based on the TQ 14 official 50-foot paper target, here are some cuttable shapes that you can use to practice on. The scaling should be correct for the chickens at 200 yards out to rams at 500 yards. The holes are set for shipping-box cardboard, but you can easily change their width to suit the material of your choice. (for v1:Engrave step 1 (or ignore, it’s really not necessary), cut 2&3.)

Edit: updated with new version. After using up my first small batch, realized there were many bases left sitting and/or undamaged, so now the base is universal, and each critter has a standard-sized tab. I also reduced the width of the slot slightly to better fit the box I was cutting from.

v2:tq14 silhouette 3d targets v2 << right-click, save.
v1:tq14 silhouette 3d targets << right-click, save.

22 Likes

(I’m fresh out of cardboard cardinals, but they were too much effort to churn out in bulk…)

2 Likes

Those and one little dab of tannerite and bye, bye cardboard…

Old MacDonald had a farm
Ee i ee i o
And on his farm he had some cows
Ee i ee i oh
With a moo-moo here
And a moo-moo there
Here a moo, there a moo
Everywhere a moo-moo
Old MacDonald had a farm
Ee i ee i o
Old MacDonald had a farm
Ee i ee i o
And on his farm he had some chicks
Ee i ee i o

3 Likes

That is a great idea! I might do some of these for the kids to use the Nerf guns on!

1 Like

Are they MOA or better? :rofl:

Seriously, though, scaled up they would be a bunch of fun. Get them into the sport any way you can!

Updated version in original post.

1 Like

I haven’t scaled them up yet, but here is a cleaned up version. Thanks so much for this!!

tq14 silhouette 3d targets v3

2 Likes

Here is the scaled up version (4x the size, doubled the height and width):
tq14 silhouette 3d targets v4

I doubled the base to hold the silhouette with a more steady base since it is larger now.

Thanks again @o-o for these designs!!

3 Likes