Number 5 is alive!

Johnny Five from Short Circuit has been in the works for about 3 weeks, and he is finally finished! I have never tackled anything like this before - engineering, prototyping, and building something from scratch. Aside from using one or two existing elements like the living hinge, I tried to engineer everything as much from scratch as possible, and I am super psyched at how it turned out. :grinning:

If you want to, check out the full case study here, with behind the scenes photos. johnny-five — Nikita Prokhorov

130 Likes

That is amazing!!! Holy cow. I doubt I could assemble it let alone design it.

9 Likes

He look excellent!!

9 Likes

That is really amazing! Wow! Great job and thanks for sharing!!

(Now I want to watch that movie again…)

11 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: Believe me there were moments when I wanted to permanently disassemble it :wink:

7 Likes

Wow! This is incredible.

I loved that movie.

7 Likes

Thanks! He looks angry or sad most of the time…:smiley:

3 Likes

What program did you use to design it?

4 Likes

Bill, amen! I watched it at least 3 times while working on this project - worth every minute :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks Laura!!

2 Likes

I actually sketched a lot of the parts out first, and then drew them in Adobe Illustrator. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Officially my favorite GF project now.

12 Likes

Damn - that’s quite a compliment. Thank you!!

4 Likes

It’s an incredible piece of work. Really great.

7 Likes

Thank you Marcello! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is awesome

6 Likes

Wow, this is amazing. Isn’t it great how :glowforge: allows you to take something from idea to completion. I find that so very satisfying even thought my ideas are much simpler than this. Thanks for sharing.

9 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Amen - definitely grateful for that! And thank you for your kind words.

2 Likes

Ditto to everyone else…simply amazing! :clap:

4 Likes