Odd Welcome Email from Dan

I just received what from the looks of it appears to be a welcome email from Dan titled “My wild guess”. Is this real? Is someone sending spam on behalf of Glowforge? or just a technical error? It would be strange to get a welcome email after so many years.

6 Likes

Looks like it went out to everybody, I don’t know if they meant for it too or just to glitch.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure this means we all get a free glowforge.

20 Likes

Mailing list misfire. I got one delivered to an address I haven’t used for Glowforge.

2 Likes

I like the way you think :laughing:

3 Likes

Im glad to hear others received it too. It looks like a welcome message for new gf users, not sure why we’re getting it.

3 Likes

I got the strange email too, checking the links made my adblock flag the links, honestly hope it’s not an account breach on Dan’s end.

1 Like

Every now and then, an intern pushes the wrong button. :rofl:

3 Likes

Yay it’s not just me then :innocent:

1 Like

Just like the Hawaii inbound missle alert. :slight_smile: oops

But the email did come with a free file, but Beware it comes with a terrible curse.

Not sure why that dialogue goes through my brain when something is free.

J/k the file looks awesome.

6 Likes

It was pretty strange to be greeted like someone that just heard about Glowforge after all these years. But, I did download the free file for the crafting caddy (which is very cool) and it just reeks of Glowforge design, including the small-fonted reminder down on the bottom.

6 Likes

I too got the weird email and in our whatsapp group it was also received as a weird email. Even my brother who does not owns a glowforge got an email…??

Sounds highly suspicious to me. I did not receive one. But it doesn’t sound like that is from Glowforge…

I assumed I got the email since I had signed up for their marketing emails a while back when they were giving out those free files, if anybody remembers that…

2 Likes

2.5 years ago, we set up a secondary account on my machine for my wife. then never used it, we both just log in as me.

she got the email, too.

Many of you received this message by mistake. We know exactly what went wrong – it’s embarrassing, but not serious – and it’s fixed now. This was an error isolated to our email system, and your personal information remains safe and secure – we take data security very, very seriously at Glowforge. I’m sorry for the confusion everyone!

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.